Part 2: Phil's POV

We thanked the waitress and left the small restaurant. I waved for a cabby and we were headed home. 

Won't be too long. We sat in the back of the cab, Dan's forehead against mine, us holding hands. His breaths are beginning to get heavier and longer. He's falling asleep. I lightly pat his head and spread his hair from his eyes. "We'll be home soon, okay?" I whisper.

Then suddenly, the cab came to an abrupt stop and everything seemed to go at the speed of light. A large vehicle was coming toward us. What the hell is going on? Then I felt glass being spattered at my cheeks. I felt a collision in the back of the cab, indicating someone else has bumped into us. My arm breaks. I'm pretty sure I heard Dan scream. Maybe It was me. I can't be sure. I held Dan close like he was the most precious treasure in the world, which we was. And I didn't hold onto him for dear life, I held on for both our lives, knowing one of us could not live without the other. I can't bare the thought.

Then everything went black.

------------

I woke up on the hard pavement, the wind was knocked out of me due to the realization of the events that had just unfolded. I yelled for Dan's name. He didn't answer. I slowly rose, holding my arm, and feeling something trickle down my neck. I felt a sudden, throbbing pain in my head. It felt heavy as lead and felt as if it would explode. But I couldn't worry about that right then. I had to find Dan.
I looked around and then saw a black huddle towards the curb of the road. I ran towards it.

It was Dan. 

He seemed unconscious. I rolled him over with my good arm and saw that his face was covered in blood and scratches with pavement invading his previous soft pores, offensive against the backdrop of his wonderfully pale face. Some of his appendages were bent like they should not be.

I propped Dan up on my lap and stroked his hair, and kissed him gently on the lips, just in case it would be our last one. I took his pulse. He was still alive. But only just. I sobbed into the crease of his neck, crying his name. I called for help.

I just barely noticed the small crowd forming around us. Someone tapped my shoulder. I flinch for it felt wrong for me to look away from Dan, as if he would slip away if I did. The man was wearing a navy blue jump suit and had a few shoulder patches. A paramedic.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to let go. You can sit with him in the ambulance. We need to fix you both up."

 I don't let go. "He's my Dan Howell he's mine I WON'T let go!" The paramedic seemed to understand. "Don't worry you can still hold his hand. We just have to lift him up on this gurney, okay sir?"

He called his boys over and they lifted Dan up onto a gurney. I was next to him the whole time. Holding his hand. I then heard a small, raspy sound. 

Dan.