Chapter 3

POV

"What are you doing here? Who gave you the right to barge back into my life?"
"Just listen to me Sierra, I want you and your brother to live with me. I have a new wife and I'm ready to take you guys in to live with us. You can live in a stable environment where you'll be loved." My father says to me without flinching.
"If you cared then you would have taken us with you in the first place. I want to stay with mum, at least she cared for us when you left us all." I exclaim, my face turning red.
"Darling, be kind to your father." My mother replied calmly.
"How can you treat him so kindly and let him in after the way he left us like we meant nothing to him!"
I walk to the living room door and storm out, slamming the door shut behind me, leaving my parent's in a state of shock. I run up the stairs two steps at a time and slam my room door shut behind me and lock the door. I slide down the door and sit there for about 3 minutes evaluating everything that had just happened. 'Why would he just come back into my life to complicate it further?'

Then I hear a knock on my door with a soft
"Are you okay Sierra honey?"
"Please tell him to go away mum." I manage to reply shakily.
"He's right Sierra, I'm not a good and stable mother. You should go and live with him and Theresa" she says, choking, indicating that she was holding back tears.
"Don't ever say that mum, you've just been through a lot. He left without looking back when he should have helped you through your problems, he knew you were struggling and that Brandon and I needed help but he left us as if we were nothing to him."
"Sierra, would you open the door please hun?"
I sit there in silence and evaluate everything that has happened since my father left and how he just walked out on us and never looked back until now, 8 years later. I had to take up the role of an adult at the age of 8: I had to learn how to cook food, how to wash the dishes, how to wash clothes then dry them, how to vaccum, how to bathe my brother. All because of his selfishness I missed my youthful years, I was doing chores and looking after my little brother's well-being when I should have been an innocent child that played with dolls and went to my friend's houses for tea with my dolls so we could play together. It's because of him that I don't have any memories of youth, a time where children should be carefree and not looking after a household. It's not fair for him to come back into my life and act like nothing happened. He's a pathetic excuse for a father.

I sit like that for 2 minutes whilst tears roll down my cheeks when I hear
"Will you please open the door?" In an impatient tone.
"No mum, I refuse."
"Okay love, I understand that it hurts you a lot. I won't pressurise you."
"I still don't know why you don't just kick him out of the house and tell him to fuck off back to Theresa and never come back." "MIND your language young lady, he's still your father even though he may not be the best."
"I still don't know why you're not sober more often, you're actually decent like this." I retort.
After this I hear a shuffle and then creaking of stairs and I know that she has gone back to the devil. I open up my diary and write down the events of today when I hear two voices in the hallway downstairs followed by the front door opening then closing.

I check the time and I see that it's 5pm so I get up and brush my hair for my group therapy today. The centre is only a 15 minute walk away so I take my time. I take a deep breath in and unlock my door then make my way downstairs where my mother is sitting silently on the couch, stuck in her trail of thoughts.
"Mum?"
"Oh, hi honey" she answers with a weak smile.
"Has he left?"
"Of course he has, he gave up and left but he left his phone number for you just in case you change your mind."
"Change my mind" I mumble with a scoff, "has Brandon come home yet?" I question her.
"He did but he left at the sound of your father's name, I don't know where he is now."
"I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving now and I'll be back soon, don't get worried or wait for me."
"Oh, okay. Bye love, I hope you have fun." 'Fun', since when is therapy ever fun?

I kiss my mum's forehead then leave my house and walk towards the centre in silence. At the end of the street I see my brother with some boy's that look older him that are smoking and laughing with each other. At least I know he's safe then. I prepare myself for what is to come and what to expect. The sky is dark already, the radiance of the light from the streetlights is what makes me feel safe and protected, they guide me to the centre safely, with them I don't feel alone. When I reach the centre I step inside and walk to the group therapy room where I see a new person. As soon as I set my eyes on him, I feel attracted to him, he has an element to him that's different to everyone else there.
"Hello everyone, today we have a new member. Please introduce yourself to us." The therapist announces.
"Uh, hi. I'm Daniel and I'm 17 years old, I live with my 11 year old sister and father. I suffer from ADHD, that's about it."
"Hi Daniel" everyone says synchronising. He itches the back of his head nervously then looks me directly in my eyes with his deep blue eyes and smirks at me, his dimples showing: he has brown hair, blue eyes and a built figure; he isn't exactly fat or skinny, he's in between with some muscles pushing out of his top. I look down straight away and ignore eye contact with him for the whole session as everyone discusses their week and obstacles that they have faced. When it came to my turn, I hesitantly tell everyone about today's ordeal and they all sigh and gasp then say that I was tough to stand up for myself. After the hour is over, I am the first person to bounce off my chair then head for the door. As I exit I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn around to see a masculine figure looming over me, staring into my eyes. My heart stops.

A/N: Hey guys, sorry that I took so long to update it. You can shoot me if you want, I've been so lazy and demotivated so I stayed up until 3am to complete this chapter. I hope you enjoy it and I'm sorry if it sucks. Do you like Daniel?