Chapter 9- Nightmare enlightenment

Briar's POV
I wake to the feeling of strong arms pulling me closer- Myles; he's also muttering some panicked words: "Briar! Briar...". I can tell he's having some sort of nightmare.

I hoped it would die down. But it didn't. So I rub his arm, wishing his state would subside- which didn't happen. Pressing my lips to the corner of his mouth seemed to stop Myles from being restless.
Myles' POV
"Briar!" I shout after the blonde girl who had just slapped me across the face.

I had really fucked up.

Quickly catching up to the shorter girl, I grab her wrist; making her wince in pain. I immediately change position to holding her perfectly manicured hand.
"I'm sorry." I whisper, looking in her emerald green eyes. "I love you. Don't go. Please!" My words escape my mouth in more of a questioned format.

"It's done... I'm do.. done with you." Her words shake as well as her hands, which she tries to withdraw from my palms.

A long pause follows as we stare into one another's orbs. Without warning, Briar crashes her lips into mine; lacing her fingers in my hair. There was nothing I could think of doing other than kissing back. So I grip the back of her thigh- bringing our bodies closer.

She wraps her legs around my waist as I push her against the wall, deepening the kiss. I send a trail of kisses down her neck- earning a gasp from the girl I loved.

"I can't do this anymore, My." Briar pushes me away from her before heading for the exit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
My eyes came flying open as distressed pants escaped my dry mouth before I clear my throat with a subtle cough. I sit up, squinting my eyes to try and analyse my surroundings. Where the hell was I?

A sweet voice, as delicate as a bell rung from beside me: "Myles? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Questions escaped the mouth of the girl who I had previously been 'kissing'. Briar furrowed her brow expectantly, placing her hand on my chest.

"Dream.. "
I correct myself: "Nightmare."

"What happened in it?" She brushes the smallest strand of hair away from my eyes.

"I.. I lost you." The words reluctantly left my mouth.
"Don't worry. You won't ever lose me. I'm gonna be around bugging you for a longgggg time!" Briar giggles, dragging out the 'long'.

I force a laugh; looking into her eyes as she sat there, staring up at me.

What was this dream implying?

Did I like Briar?

A/N: possibly the worst chapter ever written- but stuff is starting to happen.

BRIAR LIKED MY TWEET YESTERDAY!!! 🎉🎉