Tell Tale Tot

A/n- This is set right after tell tale tot

Maya's POV
I paced back and forth outside Riley's apartment her uncle Joshs' words still repeating in my head you're not so little anymore maya. I guess I'm gonna have to stop looking at you like that. I felt a smile cross my features at the words. Maybe I had finally proven to him that I wasn't some love- obsessed teenager "maya?" It took me a second to realize that the voice wasn't the product of the perfect recall of my memory but was actually right behind me. I spun around "Josh?" He smiled "I'm glad I caught you I wanted to talk to you." "About?" I questioned. "What I said. I want you to know I meant every word, and I wanted to apologize to you for how I've treated you. I have always told you you're to young for me. You are the most mature 14 year old and you have gone through a lot to get to that point. So to tell you you're to young discounted all of that. The truth is that I was weirded out about liking my nieces best friend but that has nothing to do with you. That is my problem and I shouldn't have treated you badly because of it." He stopped talking and I went to reply but was cut off by Riley's voice coming from her apartment "Josh?" He sighed "I'd better go." He said lowly and then yelled "coming" to Riley. He kissed me on the cheek and I felt the blush on my cheeks as he pulled away. "See you soon, Maya" and he walked back towards Riley's while I turned around and headed to my apartment.