Episode 8: A Break from Reality

Two days after Halloween, Lucian had told the others about his adventure on his way to Bruce's Halloween party. The story had intrigued the others, particularly how Lucian had finally destroyed Morphoid. They had then gone to Ivan the Ace to inform him of what had happened.

The AI had also thought the story was interesting. "Even I did not know the Zords were capable of this power," he had stated. "If Lucian's has this battle mode, the others must have it as well."

"We should test them out," said Bruce.

"I'll just watch with Elegost this time around," said Lucian, who had moved to sit beside the large dragon. "It will be cool to see what the other Zords can do. Besides, I got to learn on the job."

"Fair enough," said Rachel.

In five flashes of light, they had morphed into the Power Rangers, minus the Green Ranger. Together, they each called their own Zord. The bat, owl, flying fish, hawk, and hummingbird flew into the room. Each Ranger flew into their Zords and manned their cockpits.

"Okay guys," said Lucian. "There should be a button with a glass dome over it. Move the dome, and you should see the button labeled BATTLE MODE. That will activate the new features on your Zords."

"Hey, I found mine," said Collin.

"Me too," said Alisha.

"Let's try it then," said Stacy.

"Here we go," said Bruce, pressing the button his Zord. "Bat Battle Mode!"

"Owl Battle Mode!" cried Rachel.

"Hawk Battle Mode!" cried Collin.

"Flying Fish Battle Mode!" cried Alisha.

"Hummingbird Battle Mode!" cried Stacy.

Lucian watched as each Zord morphed into its new battle mode. All of them now looked similar to his dragonfly's battle mode. They were now humanoid in shape, with many of them had taken their wings, or fins in Alisha's case, as weapons.

"Activating Simulation 327," said Ivan.

Suddenly, five rock monsters appeared in front of them. Each one targeted an individual Zord. The Bat Zord swung its bat wing swords at one, slashing it in three. The Owl Zord grabbed another with its owl wings then threw the monster bodily across the room. The Hawk Zord launched dozens of feathers at another, reducing it to rubble. The flying fish used its fins to slap another on the face multiple times before kicking it away.

This left only Stacy to test her own Battle Mode Zord. She was ready to strike, but then something happened she was not counting on. Right before she could attack her phone rang. She tried to slow down, only to be hit aside by the simulated rock monster. The hummingbird fell to the ground, with Stacy falling out of the cockpit.

The others powered down and ran over to Stacy. Lucian arrived at her side first. He was just lifting Stacy back up as the others stopped in front of her.

"Stacy, you okay?" asked Lucian. "What happened?"

"It's okay, I'm fine," said Stacy. "It looks like someone called me, though." She pulled out her phone and frowned. "Shoot, it's my grandparents. They're never happy when I miss a call. I better get going."

And before anyone else could say anything, Stacy tapped her bracelet and vanished from sight.

***

"General, you said you had a new plan on dealing with the Power Rangers."

Medusa was seated as usual on her chair, looking eager for what Kronos had to say. If Kronos himself was proposing this plan, it had to be well planned."