Episode 9: Fang Strikes Back

Inside the lair of Medusa's Glare, tensions were running high. Not only had the Power Rangers foiled all of Medusa's plans and destroyed many of her most powerful minions. What was more, Fang had failed to make an appearance too. Kronos knew she was waiting for him to appear again so he could be destroyed for good. But there had been no sign of him.

It had been four days since the loss of Blowhard. Today, however, the general noticed his mistress did not look as disconcerted as she had been the day before. In fact, she looked quite calm.

"Mistress, you have good news?" asked Kronos.

"No," replied Medusa, "I just have a good feeling today. I can't explain it, but I believe today will be the day we no longer have to worry about Fang. I believe by the end of today, he will finally be destroyed."

Kronos heard the confidence in her voice. Whenever she had used this tone of voice, she was usually right about something. If she was sure Fang was going to be destroyed, she was probably right. She had not been wrong when she had spoken like this in the past.

Fang needed to pay for his failures. He had promised the destruction of the Rangers to Medusa. But his plan had gone wrong. He may have been able to have pulled it off if he had listened to what he had been told to do. But he had not listened. He had underestimated the Power Rangers. For his failure, he had signed his death warrant. At least, as far as Medusa was concerned, he had.

"You have a plan, I trust?" asked Kronos. "Whatever it is, I will make sure it is carried out."

Medusa shook her head. "Oh, don't worry, General. There will be no need for that. The Power Rangers will take care of him for us."

***

Ever since he had lost control of the dragon, Fang had been run underground. Now that Elegost was free and under their protection, he had lost his biggest weapon. Worst of all, Medusa had abandoned him.

As a result, Fang's hatred for Medusa rivaled that of the Power Rangers. He was going to destroy them all. When he did, he would eliminate the biggest opposition for conquering the world would be gone. No one was going to stand in his way, no one.

"You are going to regret the day you abandoned me, Medusa," Fang was saying to himself. "After I destroy the Rangers, you will be next."

***

After they had destroyed Medusa's machine four days ago, the Rangers had not seen any sign of Medusa's Glare activity. All in all, they had only had to worry about their classes in school. Fortunately, the fact that Stacy was not going to move any time soon, morale was really high. As a result, they had not worried too much just yet.

On the fourth day, though, none of them had had any after school activities to stay after for, not even Rachel with her new responsibilities with the new archery squad and fencing team. So all of them had gone to the shop Alisha's dad owned. He had had to go into town briefly, but Alisha had promised to keep an eye on the place until he got back.

"Thanks, Alisha," he said appreciatively. "It's always nice to know I can count on you."

After he had gone, Bruce opened up the conversation they had been meaning to talk about four days ago. "I can't help feeling on edge. I don't know why, but I feel unnerved by the lack of rampaging monsters. Medusa must be up to something."

"I know what you mean," said Stacy. "Medusa isn't someone who just gives up. I think you're right, Bruce. She has to be planning something big. The question, though, is what she is planning to do."

Lucian shook his head, looking at each of his friends in turn. "The problem for us is we can't know what it is until she puts it into action. The only times we have been able to stop her was when she set her plans into motion. I know we have always saved the town, but she has still caused a lot of damage. We need to figure out a way around this if we can stop her for good."