It's Over

Adam was snoring lightly behind me when my eyes fluttered open. It was still dark outside so it must have been early. My phone was on the coffee table but it was out of reach. The time wasn't that important.

I smiled, content with my current situation. I let my arm fall over the one Adam had around my stomach, intertwining our fingers, before wiggling around attempting to cuddle deeper into his comforting warmth.

"You going to want to stop wiggling around like that."

I nearly jumped off the couch in surprise. His voice was rough with sleep somehow making it all the more sexy.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you."

He chuckled, the sound rough and deep in his throat,

"That's not the issue."

I bit my bottom lip,

"Then what?"

He pressed a kiss to my shoulder before replying,

"You're giving me a boner sweetheart."

My face instantly flushed,

"Oh," blood rushed south at the thought. I couldn't help but wiggle my ass a little more, experimentally of course.

"You little shit."

I gasped as he pulled some ninja move that had me underneath him, his body between my legs, and our chests pressed together.

A moan escaped my lips at the feeling of his erection pressing against my growing one. He pressed our lips together in a passionate kiss.

"If you like that, you're going to love this."

I was about to ask him what he meant but the words died in my throat as he started to grind his hips down against mine. Another gasp escaped my lips.

He was right.

I pulled him down for another kiss when he suddenly froze.

"Are you okay Adam?"

He looked down at me; a sadness in his eyes that I immediately wanted to make disappear.

"You're married. We shouldn't be doing this." He said sadly, withdrawing in front of me. He pulled away, untangling our very tangled limbs.

I took a deep breath and grabbed his hand. He refused to meet my gaze,

"Look at me Adam."

He bit his bottom lip before slowly looking over to me,

"I'm going to divorce them. You know I don't love them. You're right, we shouldn't do this. I was wrong to let things go this far but as soon as I'm divorced were going to get right the fuck back to that."

He laughed as a smile returned to his lips, "I don't know what I'm going to do with you."

He squeezed my hand affectionately.

"Keep me, I hope." My reply a whisper but I could tell by the way he looked at me he heard. He gently caressed my face with one of his giant freckle covered hands,

"As long as you'll stay."

I smiled and kissed his palm before leaning into the touch.

My mind was made up. I never truly loved any of my wives. I knew in my heart Adam was the one. It's over with them; not that there was much to end. I know they don't love me either. In all honesty, I don't know how we stayed together for so long. It was over before it even began.