The Knight

As high as honor, tsk, he spat on that. Everyone in the south knows that those words don't give two shits about you if you're caught up in an unjust situation, and that happens a lot in this stinking country. Ser Hanker pulled at the woman. "Move your ass wench."

"If you didn't tie my hands too tightly then maybe I wouldn't have to lag so much." She spat at him. He grinned, this one had a certain fire in her. He'd gladly break her spirit if it wasn't for the silent threat of his liege lord. In response, he hitched his horse making her run and spit curses.

"Save your breath for Lord Arryn, if you're lucky you might even get to stay in the sky cells." He snickered. Ah, those wondrous cells, it made the prisoners go mad. It was an interesting sight to see, seeing people try to fly.

..............................................................................................................................

"My lord," He knelt on one knee as he presented the shivering woman in front of Warden of the East. "Here is the thief who harbors our supplies."

"Tell me what happened, know that if this one is a lie once more, you'll get to exit through the Moon Door." He felt his liege lord's steely glares on him and then to the wench, he grinned. Of course he knew that, but this time, this was all true.

Finally, he would be back in his lord's good graces. Ser Hanker stood up and crossed his arms. " I caught her red handed on the supplies as the merchants made their way here. "

"My lord, I can explain why I did that." The wench looked up at his liege with a face full of crocodile tears. "I have a child—"

"Shut your mouth you wench." He restrained himself from hitting her in the face. "This woman claims to have a child my lord, every shitty wildling in the Mountains of the Moon claim that whenever they get caught."

Lord Arryn seemed to be weighing his options. "True enough. But this one does not act like a wildling, and a wildling does not carry the sigil of a once great house." Ser Hanker looked at his liege lord strangely, was the loss of three wives with no heir weighing on him? What sigil is there in this wench's rags did he see. He looked at her, scrutinizing everything. She wore a ratty stable boy's clothes, no doubt stolen. It must have been red and gold once and... he squinted his eyes, was that a lion? A Lannister? He gulped, if this one was a Lannister, which was almost too good to be true, then he's in trouble.

The wench fists clenched, her eyes venturing from the lord to him then back to the lord again. "Yes my lord, I am a servant of a great house which still lives. But I cannot disclose everything to you, not yet." Once more her eyes swiveled to Ser Hanker. He saw what she was doing, she wanted to talk to the lord alone in hopes of probably saving her neck and pinning the blame on him. He would not allow that, he would not be bested by a wench who just happened to steal clothing from a noble house. He scowled. "My lord, she's manipulating you into freeing her."

"That would be all Ser Hanker, you may leave."

He almost gaped at what Lord Arryn said, he was asking him to leave? He set his jaw. "Yes my lord, should anything uncouth transpire here, don't hesitate to call." He bowed stiffly and walked away. He could vaguely hear the lady saying something, he managed to catch the word "rain" before the doors to the main hall closed.