Chapter 19: I Have a Daughter.

I wake up and the first thought that goes through my head is "where is my baby?"

I sit up and look around the room. The only ones here are me and a sleeping Peeta.

He's sleeping in a chair beside my bed and I nudge him to wake him up.

He stirs and mumbles something. He's so cute. I nudge him harder this time and we wakes up.

"Kat, your awake! I was so worried when you fainted." He says.

"Where's my baby, Peeta?" I ask as calmly as I can.

He smiles, which relieves me, and says,"She's beautiful Katniss. She's waiting to meet you. The doctor said to call him when you wake up."

"Call him. Now." I say excitedly.

He does as I say and when the doctor comes in holding my baby girl my heart stops. He hands her to me and I just can't believe how beautiful and amazing she is.

"I have a daughter," I whisper to myself,"a beautiful, beautiful daughter."

Peeta comes closer and stares at her with love. I guess he just needed to see her. Right in this moment, I feel as if everything will be okay. We'll be okay.

"So what are we going to name her?" He asks.

I smile at him, then at my daughter. I know.

"Melody Rose Mellark."

----------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter was short. I just seemed right to end it there. Plus the whole point of this chapter was to introduce the baby. I named her Melody because Katniss has a beautiful singing voice, plus it was one of the names they were thinking about, and Rose after Primrose.

I hope you're all enjoying my story so far and if you have any opinions or suggestions, please comment.

- Elyssa