Chapter 2: Question

Jacob's POV
Hand in hand we walked inside the big old red house. "Jacob what's wrong? Did something..." my father begin to yell at me but slowly his words faded away. "Maggie.........you.....you're home." he stuttered. Maggie let go of my hand and ran to give my dad a hug. "Oh Dad I really missed you...." Maggie said. "Oh honey I missed you too! But why are you back?"Dad asked with a concerned look. Oh Dad I thought. Don't do this to her. She just got back. You can't push her away even if it's for her safety. Even if she doesn't know about our world doesn't mean she can't live happy in hers.... "What?" Maggie chuckled. "The year ended. It only goes up to 8th grade. I'm attending High School here in La Push."she states. The expression on his face changed. "Oh.......well is there High School up there in California?" My dad asked. "Well I can tell that you missed me so very much." tears started to form in her eyes. The reason dad was being so mean was because he didn't want her to find out about our secret. He didn't want her to get hurt. He didn't want her to be one of us. To be a werewolf. "No! Sweetheart that's not what I meant! I.... I just don't want you to......to....never mind." Dad stuttered. "Fine. Whatever. Nice to see you too!" She stormed off. "Really? She's been home for literally 3 minutes. And you have to be a jerk already!" My voice started to raise, as well as my body heat. "Jake calm down. Control your anger. You know I don't want her here for her own good. It would be so much better if she was back in California where she can't be hurt. And you know that." My father responded calmly. "I know but still." My voice trailed off. I walked in my room to see Maggie walking around and looking at all my picture frames. "Why am I not in any of these?" She jokes. "You are dumb dumb. Look behind you. That's you as a baby." I kinda chuckled out. "Well man was I an ugly baby. I was hoping it was either Rebecca or Rachael or you. Speaking of where are they?" She asked. "Well Rebecca is visiting Rachael in Hawaii so she's not here....." I stated. "Oh....well that's too bad I really wanted to see them"she sighed. I didn't say anything. "Um who's this? It's not me because this is a recent picture." she questioned. My gaze changed to the picture she was holding in her hand. The picture was one of me holding Bella's daughter, my imprintee, Renesmee Cullen. I didn't want to explain to her who she was or why I was so close to her. "That's just my friend Bella's daughter."I replied. "Yeah but why do you have a picture of her?"she asked. "Um......" I couldn't think of how to answer. The expression on Maggie's face just stayed blank until something else caught her eye. "Oh who are these people?" she asked looking at a picture of my wolf pack "and why don't they have any shirts??"she said puzzled. "Um...are you hungry?" I asked trying to change the subject. "Yeah I guess." she answered and with that we walked out into the kitchen.

Maggie's POV
"Um who's this?" I asked "It's not me cause it's a recent picture". "Um........" he stuttered. My face just stayed blank until I saw a picture of Jacob shirtless with a bunch of other boys. One of the boys who looked around my age caught my eye the most. He was extremely cute...... "Who are these people? And why don't they have shirts?" I questioned. "Um....... are you hungry?" he said clearly changing the subject. I wonder why he didn't want me to know who these people are. But at the same time my stomach growled. "Yeah I guess" I responded. And then we walked into the kitchen. Jacob asked me what I wanted and I plainly responded with a sandwich. As I bit into my sandwich someone knocked on the door slightly. Jacob ran to the door and opened
it to reveal a young boy and a older girl. I recognized them both from the picture in her room. "Seth. Leah. What're you doing here?" Jacob asked. "I don't know we were bored" the boy named Seth started but fell silent. "Who's that?" the girl named Leah scoffed. "Oh guys this is my sister Maggie. Maggie this is Seth and Leah Clearwater." Jacob introduced me to them. Seth just stared at me. "Is he ok?" I asked. "Seth.... what's wrong?" Jacob asked. Suddenly Seth collapsed on the floor knees first.
*************************************
Hello!!! thank you for reading!! Wow 25 reads! Anyways thanks for voting!
word count:800