Chapter 5: Safe

Maggie's POV

I didn't think I just ran.
I ran like I never had before. I twisted and turned through the branches several of them scraping my skin or catching onto my clothes.
It was as if something had overtaken my body and i didn't know what i was doing.
Questions buzzed through my mind. What was that thing? Why was it in those woods? Was it a wolf and if it was why was it so big? Why did it eyes hold so much familiarity?
But i didn't stop to think about it or try to comprehend what was happening. I just ran.
Until i hit something. Until i hit a very solid, very warm something. A person. Jake.
As soon as my body collided with his i fell into a heap in the ground. "Maggie?" he asked "Maggie are you okay?" He heaved me up off the ground and squeezed me into a tight hug. "Jacob *pant* i saw *pant* this huge *pant* thing!" i tried to make a sentence but my breathing was so heavy you couldn't understand. "Jake! i was walking through the woods and there was this huge thing and then it looked at me right in the eyes and well of course i didn't know what to do so i just screamed and then i started running and i got scratched on a bunch of things and i-" Jacob cut me off mid sentence and said "you're fine. you're safe now. please just forget this and come home." i didn't know how to respond. How could i just forget this? i just saw a deadly creature in the middle of the woods! But instead of saying that i just nodded. Jake carried me on his back the rest of the way home. As soon as we got home my father rushed to the door. "Maggie! i heard you scream i was so worried!" i got down from jake's back and hugged him. "I...I'm fine. I'm okay." My dad just nodded and fondly looked at me as i walked over to the couch and sat on it. Within minutes i was out cold.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OMG I FINALLY UPDATED IM SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG AND ITS SO SHORT