Chapter 4

~ Adelaide POV ~

                Louis looked perfect. Me though, I looked a mess. As I approached him, I started to shake. The way the sun shined on him. His smile whenever he took pictures with fans. Louis was all I wanted. When I got to him, I smiled. “Hey Louis! Its so good to see you!” I said. “Adelaide, you look fabulous.” Louis stated while looking up and down. I was surprised he knew my name, for I hadn’t told him. Instead of questioning him, I smiled and we walked down Market street, glancing in the different shops. “So, Adelaide, besides being a fan of One Direction, what else do you like?” Louis questioned. “I like to be on a stage performing in the theater. I also am a big fan of TopShop. I like to play with my dogs, and that’s about it. It’s a pretty simple life. Not much happens.” I said while my face turned red. I felt so embarrassed by the fact that I live a somewhat boring life. “That sounds interesting. Sounds like a better life than mine.” Louis said. “Are you kidding? Louis your life is perfect. Everything that anyone could ever ask for. You are living the dream!” Louis looked at me with a smile. “Not everything is handed to me. You weren’t. I found you. I saw you and I instantly fell for you.” I blushed. I didn’t know what to say. “Louis, that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever told me.” I felt a small tear go down my cheeks. I actually felt needed and wanted by someone.

                Louis and I approached a small bakery and we went inside. We sat at a table near the window, so we weren’t in the dark. Louis asked me what I wanted and I told him a chocolate chip pastry. When he left, I looked out the window and observed the scenery. I cannot believe that I—Adelaide McGowen—was actually on a date with Louis Tomlinson! I smiled while I looked out the window and Louis came back to the table. “Well, they said they would deliver our pastries to our table.” Louis said, smiling. His teeth were so white, straight, and perfect.

                Louis and I engaged in small talk before our food came. And after we ate, it was already starting to get dark! We must have been in the bakery for longer than we thought! Just talking, and getting to know one another. I then told Louis about this club that was located south of 32nd street. It was only several blocks away and Louis and I walked to it. We were both the legal drinking age, so it didn’t matter. As we entered, pop music blared. Krewella’s ‘Alive’ was playing. I went to the bar and requested a beer and tequila. The beer was obviously for Louis, the tequila for me. I handed Louis his beer and we started dancing. My back was against Louis’ chest as we danced. After Louis and I had several drinks, things went bad.

                “Hey baby, you wanna come with me?” This drunken guy asked me. Louis walked over in front of me. “Back up bro. She’s with me and she doesn’t want you. So, walk away now.” Louis was being defensive of me. How sweet! He then grabbed my hand and we ran out the door. We got down the street before I said anything to Louis. “Louis, thank you- thank you so much for helping me in there.” I slurred. The tequila was definitely settling in. “We can go back to my flat if you want.” I said, hoping he would say yes. “I’d like that.” We caught a taxi and we rode to my flat.