Chapter 3

"Hi, what would you li-" Levi began to ask me.

I abruptly cut him off before he could even finish. "-A triple, venti, soy, no foam latte, thanks."

I eagerly grabbed my coffee once it was ready and practically scurried out of the coffee shop, not paying any attention to my surroundings. I wanted to be alone and just have some time to myself today. The sun was only just beginning to set as I wandered home.

It was after walking for about 5 minutes that I noticed the note written on my cup in black marker. The handwriting looked pretty hurried if you ask me. It read 'Your gorgeous'. Idiot. They wrote your instead of you're. Sue me, but I can't stand the misuse between your and you're.

Yet it still managed to bring a smile to my face. I knew that it was Levi who had written that note, as I recalled his sheepish expression and the black sharpie in his hand, back in Starbucks.

And I was still smiling when I got home, and throughout the whole of dinner. Levi's note on my cup really put me in a good mood, and let me tell you, I am never in a good mood when I get home. My mum thought I was high because I was smiling so much. She even gave me the 'don't do drugs' talk.

I was currently finishing off my Theatre Studies assignment while listening to music.

I screamed my lungs out when I heard a thud directly behind me. I relaxed when I turned around to find Kian crawling through my open window.

"Shh sh, Alyssa! It's just me! Your bestest friend ever- your bestie!" Kian whisper-yelled, trying to calm me down, and slightly wincing from my screeching.

"What is wrong with you? You could have just come in through the door!" I groaned.

"Entering through the door was too mainstream for me so I came in through the window! You know, I'm actually so jealous of you." Kian chirped.

"Why?" I murmured.

"I'll never be able to have a bestfriend as cool as myself." He teased.

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway," he sighed as he laid on my bed, facing the ceiling, "Your mom told me you started taking drugs, and that you came home high today. Does it taste nice? How do you even take drugs? Do you just sniff the dry leaves or what? I mean, come on! You could have at least invited me to your 'Drug Fest. 2k16' you know? I'm your homie, you should share your weed with me: I always give you my giant double chocolate chip cooki-," Kian rambled on and on.

"-I AM NOT ON DRUGS KIAN!" I yelled over his rambling.

I knew there was no way I'd be able to get my assignment done with Kian over, so I put my work away on my desk and turned to Kian, "You, my dear bestfriend, need to straighten my hair!" I told him in a demanding tone. When he raised his eyebrows, I added a "-please?" And pouted.

"Fine," he grunted and went to the bathroom that I had connected to my room (while I did a victory dance), and came back with my curling wand, with a confused expression on his face. "How do you even straighten your hair with this?"

"I don't," I laughed, "that's my curling iron. You need to use my flat iron."

He left the room once again, and returned a few minutes later: this time, with the right iron.

--
Thank you so much to everyone that votes and comments

January 5, 2016
00:15