SAM

((Picture of Sam))

I never thought that this day would come. Nicca is three. He is healthy enough to go out of the hospital. To have a normal childhood.

I watch as Nicca runs by laughing and playing with a neighbor girl. They run out of sight. I head inside to catch up on paperwork and to check the account books.

Ten minutes in a hear a loud scream and the sound of something falling. I hurried out of the room and to the sound. But when I get there. There was nothing.

I go back inside after looking around to continue my work.

Around four I go outside to call for Nicca, dinner was ready. When Nicca came to me. He was covered in bruises and blood.

"Nicca, what happened?" I asked worriedly.

"Nothing," he replied, voice empty of all emotion. Seems like he is in shock.

I go down on my knees so I can look him in the eyes. His eyes seems glazed over. Like he got into something he wasn't suppose to. He was quite jumpy once he sees that I saw his eyes.

"I'm here if you ever want to talk. I will always be here to help you if anyone is hurting you. You know that right, Nicca?" I asked him. He just nods. "Did someone hurt you?"

"No...." He trails off his lie and walks pass me to go inside.