Chapter Four

.: Louis' P.O.V :.

"That flower crown looks great on you." I say to Harry, my face closer than it should be. I can feel his breath hitching - probably because I'm so close to him, he's scared I'll hurt him. I couldn't ever hurt someone so helpless and adorable as Harry.

I look into his gorgeous green eyes for about 10 seconds before he turns around and quickly walks away almost like he's running away from me. I chuckle a bit at him, he's so awkward I could feel his awkward in the air surrounding him. That's okay, because I find when people are awkward in the way that Harry is it's quite adorable. Almost as adorable as Har-

Louis! You can't think of Harry like this. What would Zayn think? What would the school think? What would happen if people found out you're talking to Harry?

Shit, I thought snapping out of my trance as I hear the bell ring for my first class to start. I pull out my phone texting Zayn.

To: Zaynie

Yooo, save me a seat beside you 'cause I'm running late. Long story but all I can say is my mom can be a dick.

I feel bad lying to Zayn, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I get into my first class, casually in the middle of the lesson sitting beside Zayn. Mr. Caza doesn't even realize I'm here yet, because he has his back turned writing notes on the board.

"I have something funny to tell you," Zayn whispers to me. "You know that fag Harry we saw yesterday getting punched and shit? Yeah, well he got moved into every class we have. That's not the funny part, though. He got moved because the teachers noticed in his math class he was getting picked on too much. I saw him hiding from Jack and his friends in the corner of the classroom before school started, so I went up to him to have a little talk." Zayn finished, and I could sense he felt satisfied with himself.

"What did you say to him?" I ask, hiding the fact that I'm extremely worried.

Zayn looks at me seriously for a moment and then chuckles, "I told him if he doesn't start acting like a normal person and not a faggot I would join Jack's little group and I would drag you with me."

My heart dropped at the thought. I promised Harry I wouldn't hurt him - now he probably thinks I'm a lying arse. I may be an arse, but I don't lie. That's so not my thing.

"Oh," is all I seem to say. I can't stand up for him, at least not yet. I may be acting a little bit selfish but Zayn is my best friend and I can't afford to loose him. It seems like I have a lot of friends, but when it comes down to it Zayn is my only good one who somewhat knows who I really am. Zayn knows three quarters of me though, which is more than my mom knows. What Zayn doesn't know about me is my past, and how much I'm actually hurting inside.

No one can ever know that side of me. I'm ashamed to have it. That's why I cover it up, being who I am now. The Louis punk kid Tomlinson that everyone knows - that's who I am. I'm not the outgoing, childish, carefree, lovable person I was eight years ago anymore, that Louis is lost. Just like my virginity and family got lost at that same time.

I take a deep breath, trying not to remember that day. The day where my father left, my sisters stopped talking to me and the only person I had was my mom. My mom didn't have a choice to stay with me, though. It was either I went up for adoption, or I stayed with my mom. I would rather going up for adoption, though, because I don't want to live in the same house that my father... Sexually abused me.

Yes, my own father touched me at only 10 years old. I tried telling my mom what happened, but she didn't believe me. She said my dad would never do anything like that, and she told the sisters not to listen to anything I said. All four of my sisters since that day haven't talked to me, giving me dirty looks. Ever since that day I haven't seen my dad, and no one else has either. He ran away that night, taking the car. I think after a while my mom finally stopped looking for my dad, and started to believe me. That's why my mom is being nice to me now. She feels bad for neglecting me for over 3 years, and getting my sisters hating their older brother. The only person I had over that time was Zayn, but I never told him what actually happened, and I don't plan on telling him anytime soon... Or even ever.