Chapter 6

It was about my mom. What she said to me before she died. She told me I was dangerous, and to stay hidden. She said I had unspeakable power, and I shouldn't learn to use it because it could kill people. I don't want to kill people.
She ran away. Into black night. And I didn't see her again. I was homeless, and helpless. But I learned that there were other homeless kids too. Zoie and Chloe. After we met we had each other's backs. We were pretty good at taking care of ourselves. And we were only five.
       Back to my moms last words. She said if I  hide in the shadows, I won't be seen. And she gave me a book. A REALLY old book. I kept that book until ELEP stole it from me. But I memorized every word. There was a prophecy. And I know that sounds like a super cheesy plotline, but it was in there. It said
" Fire, Water and Shadow will meet once again. In their purest and most powerful form they will soar to Earth. They will find the newest human and crawl inside their soul. They will grow up in that form, and give hints to the child. And soon they will lead the parent to the answer.
       The children will be dangerous, but oozing in power. Fire will give light and burn brightly. Water will give joy to people, but drown others. And Shadow will devour everything, until Fires light and Waters cleverness tricks the black Shadow.
       Fire will go back to the sun. Water will return to the ocean. And Shadow will be sucked into the void, a black rip hidden from the universe. It is destiny, and nothing will change their fate."
       That prophecy is so cheesy, I can almost smell it. But, unfortunately, I kinda have a feeling it's about Zoie, Chloe and I. Just a feeling. Basically, Fire, Water and Shadow came to Earth and (possesed?) us as babies and we've grown up with it. And now Fire (a.k.a Zoie) will be awesome, Chloe will be nice but accidentally hurt someone, and I will just suck.I don't wanna suck.
        But the Zoie and Chloe using light and cleverness to trick me? They would never trick me into doing something to hurt me. Or hurt me in general! I know that.
I also know that I would never devour everything. I would never destroy the Earth. Plus there is some pretty disgusting stuff I would devour. Would it be my choice to eat the world, or Shadows? Why am I asking these questions? The prophecy is from an old children's book as far as I know.
"Hey! Alex, are you okay?" Zoie said.
"Whaa? Oh, sorry. I was remembering." I said. That sounded weird.
"Dude, you've been standing there for five minutes!"
"Oh, okay.Wait-"
We were in a different room now. It was much smaller than the other one, but it was like a random room. Imagine a zoo, restaurant, and Wal-Mart mashed together, and you've got our room.
"Soooo... Whats this room about, Shaton?" I asked.
"Don't call me Shaton. Most people call me Shay." There was a long pause." And this room is where we keep the elementals."