Chapter 2

I dreamt of fire. Fire everywhere. Nothing but fire, Zoie and I. Zoie's eyes looked as if they were made of molten rock. She slowly looked at me.
"The Face in the Fire sees me." Zoie said in a voice that wasn't hers.
"What? What's happening? Zoie, are you okay? Your eyes-"
"The heat of the sun is burning me!"
"What? Zoie, you never use big words. What's happening?"I yelled.
Suddenly the fire went out. Now there was steam everywhere. Zoie was gone. Chloe was there. She was screaming.
"Alex, what's happening?!"Chloe screamed.
"I don't know. Wait, can you hear me?"
"Why are your eyes black? Alex, why is your mouth leaking smoke? Help me!" Chloe screamed. She gets scared easier than most people. She was moaning. She was turning into water.
"The water in the ocean is drowning me!" Chloe said also in a voice that wasn't hers.And she disappeared into a puddle of water.Then, against my will I said"The shadows are using me."I turned into shadows. I screamed. And I woke up.
I jerked up. I panted and gasped for air. I couldn't breathe.
"Alex, are you okay?" Chloe said immediately. After all, she wasn't asleep."You were mumbling in your sleep."
"Oh, just nightmares. Nothing to worry about. Seriously."
"Okay, but it's almost six o'clock, so there's no point in going back to sleep."
"Even if I wanted to I couldn't. That nightmare was creepy." I said, still panting.
"What was it about?" Chloe asked curiously.
        "I'm not sure you wanna know, since you get scared easily and all."
"What's that supposed to mean?" Chloe said, annoyed.
"Ah, never mind. Should we get Zoie up?"
"Nah, I know she hates that annoying bell thingy, so I don't get her up when she's asleep." Chloe said evilly.She liked getting on people's nerves. I never told her what my dream was. And I would never have to. Because it was going to happen soon enough.