Chapter 4

The light was blinding. I couldn't see for a full minute. I could only hear. Zoie and Chloe seemed to see fine, but not me. I was guessing it had something to do with my black, glassy eyes. From what I heard Zoie's hair was singed at the edges, and Chloe was still soaked. The light adjusted to my eyes, and I could see again.
Chloe said my eyes were back to normal, and so were Zoie's. I noticed ( now that I could see again) that the dark, pitch black smoke was acting as if it was scared of the sudden, unnecessarily bright light.
"Well, light does put out darkness." I thought, still curious. Zoie, Chloe and I walked towards the light to see what "saved" us from the darkness.
It was a colossal, round, pretty much sun-like ball inside an even bigger room. We had to turn away from the sun so we weren't blinded.
"What is that?" Chloe asked, curious.
"Why are you asking me? Ask him." Zoie said. There was a tall, thin man standing next to the sun-thingy.
"You passed." The man whispered,seemingly amazed.
"What do you mean, passed? Passed what? We want answers!" Chloe yelled.
"All will be answered soon enough." The tall man said in a deep voice. That voice sounded familiar, like I had it in a long ago memory. I sensed that it was not a good memory.
"Come. We have business to discuss."