Chapter Two :: Cat Fight!

        Sighing, Lucy held a hand to her forehead as she sat down on the edge of her bed. She had a huge headache growing and it wasn't fun in any way shape or form. Where did it come from? Most probably seeing the image of One Direction in her head all the time.

        Laying down, Lucy stared up at the ceiling with thoughts drifting in all sorts of directions, before landing on a peculiar thought indeed. Hey . . . where's my brother?

        Lucy sat back up and she stole a quick glance out her clock. 9:37. Huh. He was usually home by 9. He was never late nor early. Getting off the bed, she scurried over to her window to look in the driveway. His blue Ford pickup truck wasn't there.

        A frown found itself onto her face. There was a possibility that Sting had found a lead on her mother's death. A good one. Sting found plenty of leads, most not too viable, but some . . . Some had made him disappear for weeks, maybe even a month or two without a word. While it scared the crap out of Lucy, she was grateful for it. She knew her mother had worked for a government group - and a sketchy one at that.

        Which lead to Sting getting into some trouble in some of the leads that could've been plausible. Sometimes, it was just a guy trying to dump a crime on him or Sting just walked his way into a government base. It's lovely, isn't it?

        Deciding she should stay awake until 12, in case Sting really did come home late from a traffic jam or something. (Even though he should've called.) Lucy walked over to her bookshelf to grab the manga she was currently reading. Fullmetal Alchemist . . . Ugh, Ed is hot.

        Plopping down on her bean bag she had sitting in a corner, she dove into a world of alchemy.

.&.

        "Hey, pops?"

        "Yes Natsu?" replied an old man who was not looking up from the magazine he was practically drooling over.

        "Do we really have to do this?" Natsu asked, slight irritation in his voice. "Shouldn't we be practicing on getting better?"

        The old man didn't look up at all as he replied, "Yes, we should be focusing on getting better, but we also need to focus on keeping all of our fans - so we need to start interacting with them."

        Loke butted into the conversation, eyes never leaving his iPhone which was the current target of his loyalty. "They're cute right?"

        "Who cares?" Gajeel grunted, as he picked off another sniper in his intense game of Call of Duty. "As long as they don't get in the way. Right Gray?"

        The dark blunette didn't reply, instead focusing on beating the other players on Mario Smash Brothers. Everyone knew that girls were a touche topic for Gray, but no one knew exactly why that was. A simple guess was that a girl tore his heart in half.

        Sighing, Natsu spoke up again. "They're only staying for a while anyways . . . Right?"

        The last part of the supposed statement-turned-question was directed at the blunette who was currently sitting at the only desk in the room that held large stacks of paperwork that had to be done. The blunette looked up at his friend in a dazed state - an obvious sign that the guy had been hard at work.

        The pinkette rolled his eyes. "Jellal, the girls that are staying with us? They're only staying for a bit."

        It took a second for Jellal to snap out of his daze, but he slowly nodded. "Sure. If you call a year just 'a bit'."