Chapter Three :: Scared Strict

        Tick.

        Tock.

        Tick.

        Tock.

        Tick.

        Tock.

        Suddenly, there was a crash of glass that came from downstairs, startling the hell out of the blonde. Thankfully, she had been sitting in her bean bag and hadn't been too far away from impact. Muttering some curses, Lucy got up, before carefully setting down her manga on the bookshelf.

        She looked around her room, before grabbing a prepacked bag and setting it back her glass door balcony. Her stomach squeezed in fear, as she already knew who it was. But she wanted to make sure. She wanted to make sure it wasn't her brother first.

        Creeping down the stairs, Lucy chanted in her mind, please be brother, please be brother, please be brother.

        But when she reached the last step, her stomach dropped and her heart stopped.

        It was father.

        And he was in a drunken rage.

        The blonde's eyes widened in fear and she silently creeped back upstairs. As she did so, Lucy could hear her father stomp into the kitchen, knocking over countless things. He was probably looking for more alcohol. All the more time for her to escape.

        Upon reaching her room, Lucy didn't even bother shutting the door. While it might slow him down, he'd break it and that'd just be terrible. Snatching her bag off the floor quickly, she slid open the balcony door and walked out into the frigid air.

        Well. Oops. She really was only wearing some spandex and a t-shirt. The house had been like a Saharan desert when she had gotten home.

        A moment later, she could barely hear the audible stomps of her father drunkenly trying to get up the stairs. She knew what would happen. He would come to her room asking her where she had hid the booze and then she would try to run, only to be - no! This wasn't the time to think back to that. Run!

        Spotting the familiar maple branch, Lucy tossed her black sleepover back to the ground, before pulling herself up on top of the railing. She quickly looked down. A ten foot drop. Not exactly what you called safe.

        Shaking her head, she jumped onto the branch with practiced ease, just as she heard her father finally crash into her room. There was going to be such a mess. Gulping, she shimmed her way down the tree, before grabbing her bag and running for it.

        "Lucy!"

        Flinching and nearly tripping, she sprinted for her life towards the main house . . . or rather . . . Erza's house, if you want to be exact.

.&.

        Kick.

        Punch.

        Spin.

        Jump.

        Punch.

        Kick.

        Block.

        Punch.