James "Munky" Shaffer

1. Birth name- James Christian Shaffer

2. Birthday- June 6,1970 (45)

3. Nicknames- Munky/Munk and he is from Bakersfield California

4. Nickname based on his feet which resemble monkey feet when spread.

5. Has a side project called fear and the nervous system in 2008.

6. Founder of Emotional Syphon Recordings

7. Ranked number 26 of Guitar World's 100 greatest heavy metal guitarists of all time.

8. First took up guitar as rehabilitation when he severed one of his fingertips on his three wheeler.

9. Performed in several bands such as Korn, Fear and the Nervous System and Emotional Syphon Recordings.

10. When Brian Welch left the band in 2005 the two agreed to stay friends on good terms.

11. Said in an interview that drummer David Silveria and him had a strong friendship and was very sad to hear that he had to leave the band.

12. Felt pressure when head left because he had to write the guitar parts into one part so Korn could play live.

13.Relesed an album with fear and nervous system on August 8,2008

14.  He founded Emotional Syphon Records to give daring and diverse bands a chance to be heard

15. Had two marriages. First marriage Stephanie Roush (2000-2004) and had a daughter named Carmella Star Shaffer (June 23,2001). Started dating model Evis Xheneti in 2005. Married on January 2,2012 in Paris. They have two sons together, D'Angelo DraXon Shaffer ( November 7,2012) and Rocky Rebel Shaffer (August 20,2015).

16. uses Ibanez guitars and uses many pedals to get the distinct Korn sound. Described his live pedal board as a "spaceship" because of the large quantity of effects he uses.