Mike Wengren

1. Michael Warren Wengren  is his full name and he is from Evergreen Park, Illinois. 

2. Drummer for the band Disturbed and a founding member of the band that formed in 1996.

3. He is born on September 3, 1971 (45 years old) and his birth sign is Virgo.

4.   He is well known for his hard hitting bass drum techniques that have become a staple of Disturbed's music.  He has a side project with Dan Donegan of Disturbed called Fight or Flight.

5. He started toying around with the drums when he was ten years old, but he did not become passionate about playing until he was fifteen.

6. He was influenced by Judas Priest, Metallica, Slayer, Testament, Mötley Crüe, Pantera, and Racer X.

7. He married his longtime girlfriend after proposing to her onstage during an August 31, 2005 concert.

8.Before the set closer, frontman David Draiman handed the microphone to Wengren, who explained how he's spent a lot of time in Milwaukee recently and how he met his girlfriend here. He then invited her onstage and proposed marriage to her.

9. He attended Curie High School on the Southwest side of Chicago.

10.  in recent years, he has appeared in advertisements for Pearl Drums , since the Masters Series was his first professional kit purchased from Midwest Percussion the early 90's. Wengren uses Evans Hydraulic Glass drumheads on all toms and EQ3 heads on both bass drums. He has also been added to the Vater Signature line of drumsticks, which now has the Mike Wengren model. Additionally, he uses Sabain  cymbals. 

11. Wengren's tour kit in support of the album Ten Thousand Fists  was a 'vintage sunburst' variation of the same drumset, also with black hardware. 

12. 

Indestructible kit[]

Reference Series Custom painted by Nub Grafix

22x18 bass drum x 210x8 tom12x9 tom14x11 tom16x14 tom18x16 tom14x6.5 snare drum14x6.5 steel Reference snare drum

Cymbal Set Up - All Sabians.

Chopper 12"AA Metal-X Hats 14"AA Metal-X Splash 12"AA Metal-X Crash 18"AA Metal-X Crash 19"AA Metal-X Chinese 18"23" Limited Edition OverRideAA Rock Crash 19"AAX X-Treme Chinese 19"AA Metal-X Hats 15"AA Rock Crash 17"AA Rock Crash 18"

13. Discography includes the following:

BrawlDemo Tape (1994)DisturbedThe sickness(2000)Believe(2002)Ten Thousand Fists(2005)Indestructible(2008)Asylum(2010)The Lost Children(2011)Immortalized (2015)Fight or FlightA Life by Design?(2013)Other appearances"A Song for Chi" (2009)

14. Was nominated for the Best Drummer award by Loudwire Music Awards in 2015.

15. Did a interview with WatchMojo.com and he confirmed the rumors of the band's hiatus.

16. Dan,the original Bassist of the band and him were in different bands and heard each other jamming.

17. Tommy Lee and Vinnie Paul were his drumming influences and he claims the band doesn't care what genre you put the band in.