Dan Donegan

1. Daniel Joseph Donegan is his full name.

2. Born on August 1,1968 (48 years old) and his birth sign is Leo.

3. He is from Oak Lawn, IL.

4. He formed his first band, Vandal, as a teenager. He worked construction for his dad.

5. He was ranked #76 on the 100 Most Complete Guitar Players of All Time by Chop Shop.

6. He has two children, Maya and Justin.

7. He collaborated with Korn lead singer Jonathan Davis on the song "Forsaken."

8. Lead guitarist for the band Disturbed.

9. Donegan is currently pursuing a side project band Fight or Flight , in collaboration with Disturbed band member Mike Wengren .

10. He also played with some of the members of Vandal in another band that was called Loudmouth.

11. Donegan had very long hair during the early days of Brawl and Disturbed. According to Disturbed's DVD  titled M.O.L , Donegan got a job with his father doing construction work. He was required to cut his hair for it, but instead opted to wear a wig to fool his dad and keep his long hair. It worked, and his dad eventually let him keep his long hair.

12.  Donegan is a self-taught guitarist. He uses one handed/two handed tapping, pull-offs and legatos in his solos. He uses the whammy bar in many songs to give it a certain effect. 

13. While playing with Loudmouth, Dan played an Ibanez Iceman amplified through a Peavey Ultra 120 head with Peavey 4x12 cabinets. Early on with his career with Disturbed, Donegan played Gibson Les Paul Standards and SGs . Then, he switched to play a few Paul Reed Smith models, the Tremonti Model and a PRS Singlecut. In 2005, Washburn Guitars  built Donegan his own signature model called the Maya, named after his daughter. For 2010, Dan built a signature guitar with Schecter guitars, that is based on the ultra classic model (his being the ultra DD). Donegan is a fan of GHS Boomer guitar strings and uses the 12-52 gauge set. He also uses Seymour Duncan  pickups in his guitars. He is currently signed to Schecter Guitars. 

14.Gear

Current:Schecter Ultra Dan Donegan signature modelSchecter Solo-6 2010 limited edition (used in the studio for Asylum)Past:Washburn Maya DD81 signature model (Indestructible)Washburn Maya signature model (Ten Thousand Fists)PRS Singlecut (Believe)PRS Mark Tremonti (Believe)Gibson Les Paul Standards (The Sickness)Gibson SGs (The Sickness)Ibanez Iceman (used in the early days of Disturbed)amplifiers Randall RM4 preamp with 1 "Clean" and 3 "1086" modules into a RT2/50 Power Amp. Has used Randall Cyclone and V-Max heads in the past since 2001, when Dan received an endorsement. Uses Randall R412XLT cabsMesa/Boogie Dual and Triple Rectifier amps with Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 4x12 cabs. Used until his Randall endorsementBogner Ecstasy headsMarshall Heads and 4x12 cabinets in the early daysEffects2 Digitech Dan Donegan "The Weapon" overdrive/effects pedalsDigitech GSP1101 PreampDigitech WhammyBoss MT-2 Metal Zone (for a lo-fi effect)Korg Toneworks 411FXDunlop Custom Shop Rackmount Crybaby with wireless foot control2 Boss NS-2s and 2 ISP Decimators in tandemAudiotech Guitar Products CL-2 Selector (amp channel switcher) and ABC Selector CCM.

15. Discography 

VandalBetter DaysBrawlDemo Tape (1994)DisturbedThe Sickness (2000)Believe (2002)Ten Thousand Fists (2005)Indestructible (2008)Asylum (2010)The Lost Children (2011)Immortalized (2015)Fight or FlightA Life by Design?(2013)

16. He was nominated for the best shredder award by  Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards in 2008. Also he was nominated for the best guitarist award by  Revolver Golden Gods Awards in 2011.He was also nominated for the best guitarist award by Loudwire awards in 2015.