Chapters Eight and Nine

Chapter 8

        A girl named Annabeth showed Percy and I around. But when we approached the U shape of the cabins, well. All of you know this part of the story from the books. The intro to Clarisse.

        Clarisse walked up to us both and said "Ah, newcommers. Well you see, we have a sort of camp half-blood initiation. Come with us." "Clarisse, they just got out of the infirmary..." Annabeth protested. "Do you want to come with. I thought so." Clarisse made a grab for Percy and one of her friends lunged at me.

        I have experience in the art of getting away from cops so how hard could this be? I ducked away from Clarisse's goon and kicked Clarisse's leg in a way that she collapsed. She was humiliated. "RUN PERCY!" I yelled. We ran and I was ahead. Then Clarisse grabbed Percy and I kept running. When I stopped I saw Clarisse lead him to the bathrooms.

        I ran up behind them and put me ear up close to the wall so I could hear. "Your little girlfriend couldn't get you away as well." "She is not my girlfriend!" I heard Percy say. "Ok. So she just decided to risk her life for a person she just met." Clarisse said "Yes! She did! We ran through the woods for twenty minutes together from the Minotaur and she saved my life!" "Totally. Ready to taste the toilet?" I ran to the front of the building and entered through the front door. I got so mad that the pipes broke and water went all over Clarisse and her goons but Percy and me were still dry. "You will pay for this!" Clarisse said as she walked out the door.

        Annabeth met us outside. "Guys, I'm sorry! What would you do if she threatened to stick your head in a toilet!" She said shamefully "Dont worry Annabeth. I would have done the same. Where to next?" Percy said sympathetically.

       "Neither of you have been claimed yet so you get to join the Hermes cabin. Luke is the head counciler of the cabin so I'll leave you to him! Bye." She said as she walked away. 

                                 Chapter 9

Luke greated us at the door. "Welcome new campers! This way." He led us through the crowded cabin to a space on the floor that was empty. "This is where the two of you will sleep. I brought your things from the big house. They are in front of the cabin. I would love to stay and chat but I have business to attend to. Goodbye!" And he slipped out of the cabin. 

        We went to the front of the cabin and I realized that the only thing Percy had was the end of a Minotaur horn coated in dryed blood. "Is that what you cut the Minotaur in the side with?" He nodded his head. "I had blurry vision so I thought it was a dagger that you used." He clasped his hand around the pen that turned into a blade. He only had two items.

        I only had a few belongings to unpack so it didn't take long. The things I brought with me where A change of clothes, socks, the note, a blanket, and a photo of the group taken a year ago. Boring right? 

      I layed down the blanket and Percy slept on one side while I slept on the other. 

        In the morning I was up before anyone else so I went outside. I sat on the chairs in front of the cabin. I took out the photo. "What have I gotten myself into?" I whispered to myself.

        Later that morning in the dining hall, I saw the most food I had seen in my whole life. "Do we get to eat all of this?" I said to Luke. He turned around and laughed. "Of course we do! What do you thinks it's for, the gods!" He kept laughing.

        I sat down next to Percy. He took one look at my plate and laughed. I "Why do people keep laughing!?" I asked him. "You only have half a piece of bread, butter, and water!" He laughed again. I ran back into line and grabbed more food. I only really ate the bread and butter but less people looked at me.

        Then people walked over to the fire and dropped thier food in. "What are the doing?Percy asked Luke. "It is a sacrifice to the gods. Go scrape your food into the campfire...." I looked over at Chiron. I still couldn't get used to a person with the lower half of a horse. "Abia, come on." Percy said We stood up and went over to the campfire. How would this please the gods? The burning food smelt like every amazing scent you have ever smelled in your life all together. 

        Luke walked up to the campfire and said "Hermes." Then dumped half him food into the fire.

        We walked back to the table and sat down. "Abia, before camp half-blood what was your life like?" Luke asked. I was hesitantto answer. "My mother didn't want me. I spent seven years in foster care constantly being kicked out. When I was seven I ran away from my 79th home. I fell into a hole and wound up in NYC. I joined The Group. They are the only family who has ever loved me. I spent the next five years running from cops." 

        Luke and Percy plain stared at me. "Abia, I thought I had it hard. Did monsters attack?" Percy said. "No." I answered "Did it stink a lot?" Percy asked. I nodded. "The humans must have masked your smell. Grover explianed it to me. My mom....... She married this jerk to disguise my smell." He said

        "So you lived on the streets for five years with no help from you parent, who is a god." Luke said a little hushed. "Yes." I said. He looked as though he was pondering something. Then they announced capture the flag.