Chapter 5 - Confession

Noelle's POV
Kent I am starving, when will we going to have some lunch, are you still not done yet with your laptop? I said to Kent while I am here lying in his bed with my phone while he is on his computer table. Actually it's almost an hour that he is in front of his monitor doing something with it, he don't want me to get near him so that I didn't see what he is doing.

I just let it be and just busy myself in my phone, chatting with some of my friends or watching some videos in tiktok.

I'll just call Yaya Edna to bring us some food, what do you want? He said while his eyes still fixed on his monitor.

I just rolled my eyes on what he said and just ignored it.

Anyway, do we have any plans for next week? I asked him, he looked at me real quick and raised his eyebrows maybe for me to clarify what I asked to him.

Why? What will happen next week? He confused, and go back to his laptop.

I just smiled before answering him.

It's our monthsary Kent, it's been already a month when we became as girlfriend and boyfriend, don't you remember? I said that makes him let go of his mouse for a second but he didn't look at me and just continued on what he is doing.

I can sense that he is purposely ignoring what I am saying right now, and I am regretting that I tried to open up this topic.

Maybe, I am hopeful that there is already something between us because of all the actions that he showed me for this past few weeks, I thought that he finally tried to show me that he is trying to divert his feelings from Elaine to me. But maybe, it's only me, I just misunderstood it all.

Kent? I asked him again hoping that he just shocked on what I said and he just processed it in his mind.

What is it Elle? Are you saying something? I'm sorry if I can't focus, this is kinda important he lied, I smiled bitterly at it, I can read your every gestures Kent.

I am so upset that he is doing this, I know that I don't have any rights to act like this but I also want to feel special, he can just act that he wants to celebrate, I can accept that, but this? Acting like he didn't hear what I am saying and ignoring all of it.

No it's nothing, but I want you to remember that next week while be our first month together, our monthsary Kent, and I will prepare a mini celebration for the both of us, like date or we can plan to travel together locally, we can do out of town you know? Like what you did to Elaine before when you still together I sarcastically said and even act like it is just a simple thing, he immediately faced me and I saw how angry he was on what I said but he just tried to ignored it and just divert his attention to his laptop again.

Maybe to not hurt me but I can sense that he is stopping himself.

Don't bother Elle, let me take care of that he just said, I felt happy with that and tried to get up to go near him for me to hug or even kiss him but immediately showed me his hand to stop me from what I am planning to do, he immediately shut down his laptop scared that I might see what he is doing that's why I just sit down again and just stopped myself.

You know what Kent, I miss those times when we were just two, specially when we were in high school, also those times with Casper and the other guys, also those days when we were always on our house and when we played with my brothers and all of you always made fun of me, I also miss those times when you are being sweet to me, I think 2nd year high school is my most memorable year of my life, it's when only the two of us, and I want to go back at it over and over again I said while imagining those days, those happy days when there's still no Elaine on our life.