Chapter 8 - Sudden Match

Noelle's POV

Kent? I said when I felt him moved from his sleeping on my shoulder, up until now he still like that and it was already lunchtime and my shoulder is already numb. Even though his teammate Caleb and his other friends were making a lot of noises, he didn't even bulge in his sleep, that's how sleepy he is.

Elle? He can only said when he finally woke up, and fixed himself and looked at me.

Are you starving? You want to eat? I asked him but he just lightly smiled at me that seems like he is embarrassed and fixed his hair that's covering his eyes.

I'm sorry, is your shoulder okay? Is it numb? He asked when he saw me lightly moved my shoulder because I really felt the numbing of it but I just smiled at him and answered.

Not that much don't worry I'm good, you slept for too long, our professor didn't bother to woke you up, why though? Did you sleep last night? I asked him but he just looked at me with his serious face, and get something from his bag.

I already said it a while ago that I waited for you and also I finished our research papers that need to be submitted later after lunch to Professor Sarmiento and he handed me a white folder, I shyly smiled at him while getting those folders and looked at it, it is really a research paper for the both of us, he didn't sleep all night to finish this, I remembered that it was our biggest project in that subject and if we cannot be able to have this research we will be having a hard time to pass that subject and worst is we need to retake that, though I already forgot to do this, I'm just lucky that Kent is here for me.

I looked at him and I saw how he looked intently at me, I can't stop myself to hug him and thanked him, he's really my life saviour.

Thank you so much Kent I murmured, I felt that he also hugged me and detangled my hair, he didn't want to saw me tangled it ever since, but I did it today so that he can sleep peacefully on my shoulder. I giggled on what he did because this is also how he pissed me off before, he always said that I looked like an old man if I tangled my hair, and it didn't suit me, though sometimes I find it irritating but most of the time I imagined that he is just an over acting boyfriend of mine.

Let's eat. He said when we finally let go of each other, I sat up and fixed my dress and I was shocked when I saw him get my bag and put it on his shoulder. I just let him be since my shoulder is still numb.

Let's just eat in Cafeteria, shall we? I said but he immediately refused and hold my hand.

Don't want to, let's go to that cafe outside he said and dragged me out of our room.

After some minutes of walking to that cafe outside of the campus, it was a newly built cafe owned by Caleb's sister, it is already popular since the food is really good and of course, Caleb is also a pretty boy, and he helped his sister managing their cafe by just endorsing it, so no wonder.

Kent still holding my hand when we heard someone called his name that we hurriedly looked at it because it is a familiar voice, and there is Coach Felipe with his usual get up as a soccer coach, standing still on the hallway that seems like he is already there few hours ago waiting for someone.

Zabalde I was calling you many times but you didn't even bother to answer me, so I just tried my luck to stand here hoping you passed this hallway and I can managed to get hold of you, where were you Boy?? Coach said and I saw how irritated he is. I tried to let go of my hand from Kent but he didn't let me and just looked at his coach with his boredom face.

So you're lucky then Coach Kent only answered that made Coach Felipe laughed.

And yes I am Zabalde as always, and I used that luck in every time you are all playing so you should thank me, and next time don't put your phone in silent mode, especially in time like this, we have an urgent tournament against some varsity players from other university, they need to compete with us for their project as they said, they are already on their designated room and you should go there already to calm your teammates, they are not listening to me at all, they are all already hotheaded because those competitors of us has a lot or air with them, I just let them be since I don't want any trouble Coach said that made me looked at Kent but he looks like he doesn't care at all, so I bulge him at little bit and he looked at me.