Chapter 24

I sleep for about an hour and then Mitch comes to wake me up. "James you've got an hour before Aaron and Tyler get here. I need you to get ready." I sit up and wipe my eyes. I nod and roll out of bed. I go into my bathroom, take a shower, wash my face, brush my teeth, pull my hair into a messy bun, and moisturize. I slip on my underwear and walk into my room. I pull out some sea foam green skinny jeans and a turquoise shirt. I then pull on my cap and shoes.

I walk into the living room and sit on Jake. Not next to him, but on him cause why not. I find it funny because I'm bigger then him, but I guess we don't share the same sense of humor because he pushed me off him. I hit the floor with a thud, and I just lay there to make sure I'm not hurt, aaaand to scare him a little. When my body doesn't move he gets scared and turns me over. I look up at him. "Ow." Is all I say before he pulls me up.

I lay my head in his lap and stare up at him while he watches TV. He eventually notices and looks down at me. "See something you like?" He asks and I nod. I sit up and connect our lips. I made sure it was short because we weren't in my room. As soon as we pull apart the doorbell rings. Scott opens the door and in walks Aaron and Tyler. Tyler takes a seat on the two seaters couch and his dad follows. Jake sits closer to the two seated, and I was still laying down on his lap.

Scott was sitting where my legs were and Mitch was on the end. I put my legs across both of their laps and look at Aaron. "Hi Aaron!" I say and he smiles. "Hey Tyler!" I say and he just rolls his eyes. I say fuck it under my breath and roll my eyes. We start talking about the cake and what I want it to look like. Once I tell him my vision he asks if he could leave Tyler and go get the information for the baker. Of course my dads say yes and he was out the door.

I look at Tyler and try again. "How are you Tyler?" He rolls his eyes and gives me the finger. I raise a perfectly arched eyebrow and get up. I walk over to him and grab his collar. "What in the fuck is wrong with you?" Everyone's heads turn toward us and my dads gasp. Tyler tries to push my away, but his efforts were ineffective. I shove him a little harder and Scott grabs and pulls me off. "Apologize! Now!" I turned around. "No he flipped me off when I did was ask how was his damn day was!"

Scott grabbed my arm and pulled me out the room. "James Hall! If I ever. Ever hear or see you disrespect someone again I promise to god I will beat your ass! No questions asked! Do you understand?!?" I jump at his tone and quickly rush out a yes sir. He grabs my chin and flicks my mouth. I jump a little but recover quickly. He then walks out the room and leaves me there. After that I don't really want to come out, so I sit on the floor and bury my face in my lap.

I don't know when, but Jake comes into the room and wraps his arms around me. I look at him and shake my head. "I'm okay, I just want to be alone for awhile." He nodded. "Well, I would leave, but I was sent in here to get you by both your dads." I nod and get off the floor. He takes my hand and I smile. We walk out there hand in hand and sit back down. This time I sit closer to Mitch, who is farthest away from Tyler. I cuddle into his side and he giggles.

Scott reaches over to touch me and I flinch away. Scott frowns and Mitch shakes his head. "Scott what did you do to that poor boy?" I take off my jacket (that was never mentioned until now) and there is a hand shaped bruise on my arm. Mitch gasped and pulled me into his room. "Where did this come from?" He asked calmly. "I guess when Scott pulled me off of Tyler. It wasn't there before." He nodded and we walked back out. On the way to my seat Tyler and I made eye contact. He gives me a flirtatious look and I roll my eyes.

I sit down between my dads and giggle. Everyone looks at me and I just shake my head. Mitch then pokes my side and I jump. He looks at Scott and they both start to tickle me. I try to break free, but there were to many arms, to many hands. The doorbell rang and they let me go, and thank God for that. Scott got up and Tyler whispered something to Jake, who then pulled me out the room. "James did you kiss him?" He asked and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"No babe, I didn't. When we first met my dad hit me upside the head because I was being rude. I don't even like him!" He nodded and we walked back out to hear Aaron yelling at Tyler. I look to my dads and they shake their heads. I sit down and he notices me. "James. Feel free to beat his ass if he is disrespectful. He needs to know he can't get away with everything." I nod with a smirk on my face. My dad hits my head and I look at him. He shakes his head and I roll my eyes.

We call the bakery and they say we can come in. So again we piled into Aaron's car and drive about 10 minutes to a really cute bakery. We all get out and I pull Jake into a kiss just to make Tyler upset, and it worked. We walk in hand and hand to see a really sweet looking lady behind the counter. She smiles when she sees Aaron and pulls us into the back. I explain what I want the cake to look like and she draws it up. When she is done she shows me and I scream. Perfect.

We talked about where it would be delivered and what time. She then gives us a cake pop and it was amazing! I look at Jake and he has frosting on his cheek. "Babe you got frosting on your face." He touched his face and asked where. I walk over to him and kiss his cheek, licking the icing off his face in the process. Everyone looks at us and Tyler walks off, clearly annoyed. "No PDA!" Scott says and I laugh. Aaron goes to get Tyler and my parents shake their heads.

"James don't do him like that. I know he isn't nice, but don't annoy him." Mitch says, I sigh and agree. Soon Aaron comes back in with Tyler and we continue the talking. We talk about the frosting and what flavor I want the cake to be. Once we establish everything she gives us each a hug and a cookie and we are out the door. Jake and I save our cookies while everyone else eats them. We then pile back into Aaron's car and we head home. They don't come back in, but instead watch us to the door and then pull off.

We all go change into our pajamas and gather in the front room. It is new years eve after all. We turn on the tv and watch movies until about eleven. Then we watch new years rockin' eve thing that my parents were on. We then count down with the clock and when it hits 12 everyone kisses. "Happy new year!" After that I'm beat, so Jake and I retire to my room and lay down. He cuddles into my side and gives me one more kiss before falling asleep. I on the other hand could not wait because my party was only a few days away.

********

James cake is above. It is so cute! Happy new years/ new years eve/ new years day! Hope its amazing and you have a great time. If you hadn't noticed there is a huge ass time gap in this story. Thanksgiving never happened! I noticed that when I went through to edit the previous chapters. Anyways love you guys. Stay safe and come back to me! Should I double in both books? Let Me know! Remember to live laugh love and don't start with that new year new me crap unless you really mean it! Peace- ⭐child.