Chapter 7 (Edited)

Alex:

"I think I like you..." Her words swirled around in my head. I think I like you. I think I like you. I think I like you.

"What?.." I asked completely dumbfounded by her response. I tore my eyes away from my bare feet and looked up to meet her blue orbs. They were breath taking..we had a staring contest before she tore her eyes away from mine and looked down.

"I said I think I like you Alex Lee..." she said, this time with a stronger voice, like shes sure o her comment. Oh my god..I heard her right the first time. She continued to look down. Before I knew what was going on my finger was picking her chin up, making her to look at me, and I gently laid my lips on hers, kissing her gently. She reacted immediately, kissing me. Her hands wrapped themselves around my neck, my hands on her waist. I pulled her closer to me. I trailed my hands down to the back of her thighs. I picked her up easily, wrapping her legs around me so I didn't have to bend down so far, saying as she was about 5 inches shorter then me. She wrapped her fingers in my hair, playing and slightly tugging at my strands of blonde hair. I squeezed her butt just a little bit and she gasped. I slipped my tongue in her mouth and started French kissing her. Man she was a good kisser.

"Alex.." She whispered between kisses.

"Hailey.." I whispered back, sitting down on the couch so she was straddling my lap. Suddenly I feel her pull away from my lips, and get up. Instantly missing her touch and the warmth of her body. She bit her bottom lip and looked at me.

"I like you Hailey Nicole." I said in a deep tone, staring at her to see how she'd react. She just stood there.

"Hailey...say something...please..." I almost begged her. I've never been one to get hurt by girls but I've also never been one to start feeling something for a girl also. So all this was new but I knew how to take care of a girl and treat her like she's my world. My momma didn't raise no fool. That's for damn sure.

"I..Alex. I like you too..but I can't..."

Hailey:

He kissed me. Twice. And when his lips connected with mine, it sent electricity all over my body. I loved the feeling..i liked him...a lot...but I can't...not after what happened with Caden...he broke my heart. We were together for a year and 2 months.

Flashback

I was sitting on my bed, reading when my phone goes off. I look at the Caller ID and it says Caden 💕 so I answer it and he tells me to come over. So I get up and go over to his house. When I get there I knock and he opens the door.

"Hailey come in.." I walked in there, immediately feeling the awkwardness. Something isn't right.

"Caden? Are you okay?.." I ask, sitting down. He sat down on the couch opposite me.

"We need to talk.." Oh no. He's leaving me..what did I do?..

"About what?.." I ask him, looking down.

"I think we need to break up." He comes right out with it.

"It's not you. It's me. I don't want to be in a relationship anymore...I don't feel the same way I used to about you..I'm sorry..."

"Wh-wha- what?" I stutter, finally getting out, wiping my tears away.

"I think you need to leave..." He tells me getting up.

"I can show myself out.." I said, in a stern voice. I got up and practically ran out of the house. I got to my car and sped off, glad I parked on the side of the road so I didn't have to bother with backing out. It usually takes me 10 minutes to get home from his house but I made it there in 5. I slammed my car door and ran up to my room, locking it and falling to the floor in constant sobs. I spent the next month to a month and a half in a deep depression. I didn't get out of my bed for weeks. I stayed in my bed day after day only getting out to go to the bathroom. I didn't eat. I slept a lot. It helped the pain. Because when I was asleep I couldn't feel.

Present day.

"Alex..I can't.."

"Why not Hailey?"

"You wouldn't understand..." I said, my voice cracking as the memory clouded my brain, my eyes becoming watery. He sprung up from the couch and grabbed my hands.

"Hailey, I will. Please. Talk to me..." He started rubbing little circles on my hand, soothing me. I fell into him and ended up telling him everything.

"Hailey I wouldn't ever do that to you. I'm not like that. You might think I'm a player and just want sex but that's not true. I've never felt like this toward a girl..please...give me a chance..?" He practically begged me. I looked at him and before I could even know what I was doing, I was kissing him. I had tears down my cheeks, I was shaky and looked like a total mess. But honestly in Alex's arms, it didn't matter because I was happy and safe. We spent the rest of the night cuddled in his bed, watching funny movies all night. I eventually fell asleep in his arms.

Yea, I know. It's soon for them to be together finally. But I wanted them to do that. I hope everyone likes it. Don't forget to vote & comment.

XoXo-Brooklynn