Chapter 4

"Alright, for the rest of the week you are going to talk to your partner about a specific topic that MUST be in your paper otherwise you will not receive full credit," Mrs. Greene says and Louis groans next to me. "Today you will talk about hobbies, so go sit with your partner and start talking."

I turn to face Louis but he's facing the other way taking his lap top out of his bag. He pulls it out and places it on the table "Okay, so start talking. What are some of your hobbies?"

"I-I like to sing." I stutter.

He looks up at me "Sing something."

"W-what?"

"Come on, if you like to sing then sing me something." He repeats. Oh god, how am I supposed to sing to a boy who I have a major crush on? I sat silent for a minute.

"But-but you heard me sing the first day, remember when I was unpacking my clothes." He still doesn't budge.

"Come on, sing me something, please?" he asks again his soft blue eyes looking up at me, how could I say no to him?

"Isn't she lovely?

Isn't she wonderful?

Isn't she precious?

Less than one minute old

I never thought through love we'd be

Making one as lovely as she

But isn't she lovely made from love?"

I sing to him, he was staring at me the whole time and I’m surprised that my voice didn't crack. "Not a bad voice you got there, Curly." Louis remarks. I can feel my cheeks turn a rosy red colour, which I hope he won't notice.

"Okay, now you sing me something." I say, and he instantly looks down and starts playing with his hands.

"I-I don't sing." He lies, still looking down.

"Alright, I know I've only been here a few days, but I still know you we're the lead in the musical last year and I know you sing." I catch him off guard and he looks up at me and his eyes go wide.

"How-how'd you know that?" He questions me.

"You know I've been spending a lot of time in Zayn and Liam's room." I say and he curses under his breath, "I sang you something, so now you sing me something." I state.

"Fine." He mumbles and looks down into his lap and begins to quietly sing.

"Won't you come on over

Stop makin' a fool out of me

Why don't you come on over Valerie?

Valerie, Valerie, Valerie

Why don't you come on over Valerie."

His voice is perfect, a little raspy, but perfect. I just want to hear more of it, I want to tell him to sing more but I know he won’t no matter how much I beg, so I just say "You don't have a bad voice there yourself."

"Thanks..." He trails off.

"So when did you know you wanted to sing?" I ask.

"Um, not until high school, I got the roll of Danny in Greece, you?" he smiles, acting less nervous now. I love Greece it was one of my favorite movies, I used to watch it with my sister Gemma all the time.

"I've loved singing ever since I was little."

"I could tell, Curly." he say, "Has your hair always been curly."