Chapter 1: Rewind the Time

Chapter 1

Rewind the Time

The Alpha stared at the lake, his eyes were narrowed. He noticed the group of weres that were approaching his pack at an exhilarated speed. He sighed, as he looked to his side. There stood his wife and Luna, alongside their three children. he caught his wife's eyes, and she nodded once. He sighed and turned to face his pack. It wasn't the largest pack that he owned, with only three hundred members, but they were strong, and had many warriors.

"My people!", he called, as he looked down at the lot of battle ready pack members. They looked up to greet their Alpha with their none wavering glances. "The opposing pack are arriving fast, and I just wanted to give you all a few words to work by", he stated, and many nodded in agreement. He sighed once more, "We are more that just a pack, we are a family, a team. Working together for the betterment of everyone, and even though we are at a disadvantage, we will stand tall, and show them who's boss, who we really are. We will protect and help, even if it means we lose, we will now that we fought valiantly", his wife smiled at him, and he smiled back, "I want you all to know that I will fight for every single one of you, I will give you all my life, in return for your loyalty. Will you give me your loyalty?", he asked, as he looked amongst the inspired faces.

A course of 'yes', and other terms of agreement. He smiled softly, "Then let us fight for this, fight for our pack!", he cheered, and they all cheered along with him. He could sense his wife's gaze on him, and he turned. His gaze softened, as he noticed her tear stained cheeks. Her face remained brave, but her eyes betrayed her exterior. He made his way towards her, his eyes never leaving her's.

"Leanne", he said, as he leaned into her embrace. She laughed a little, and held him, tears still streaming down her smaller face, "Mikey",  she said in reply.  He laughed in response as he cradled her, "stay strong, fight strong, show them you can conquer",  she said, her voice tough and strong.  He smiled, and gave her a soft peck on the cheek, "I will fight with you, I will fight for you, I will protect you", she stated, as she stroked his cheek.

He smiled so softly, but his eyes betrayed him. As it brimmed with tears, "I will love you you little dork", she said, and he laughed, and pecked her forehead, "I love you too, you little nutter", he said, as he gave her a strong kiss to the lips.

She wiped her cheeks, her hands coming wet with her tears. She looked down at her two sons, and looked back at her husband. "Boys", he said, as he bent down to their level. The eight year old, and six year old boys gave their father small smiles. "Dad", the eldest said, as he looked down at his father. His father laughed, and shook his head, "I want you to be strong and calm, and I want you to look after your brother and sister", he said, as he placed a hand on his elder son's shoulder. With a quick pat to his cheek, the father turned towards his younger son.

The boy stood rigid, unshushed tears brimming in his big brown eyes. "Daddy", he said, and his father smiled warmly, "You, I want you to be the even calmer one, but I want you to bring happiness to your siblings, I want you to be the one to make someone smile, okay?", he asked, as he held both the boy's shoulders. The little boy smiled softly, and a few tears fell down his cheeks. "Be strong little man", his father said, as he gave the  boy"s hair a quick ruffle. He finally moved to the youngest of his children. His daughter. The little girl owned his eyes, the grey colour made her more of a daddy's girl. He smiled as he saw the little girl's wide eyes. She sniffled, "Daddy why are you leaving me?", she asked, and he felt his insides clench, "I'm not leaving you gorgeous", he stated, and she was confused, he laughed softly.

"I want you to fight for what you believe in, I want you to live by your own rules, I want you to be the one who finds away out of the burning house, be that girl", he said, and his daughter seemed confused, he sighed, and began digging in his pocket until he came across a piece of paper, "I want you to keep this", he said, as he places the paper in her small palm. "I love you all very very much", he said, as he gave each of them a kiss on the head. He looked at his wife, who kissed each of them too.

By now his younger son was full on crying, and snivelling. His daughter still seemed to be confused, and his elder son was gulping back sobs.

"We love you", they said, as the three children were taken away by two maidens. Away from the pack, away from the danger, but closer to the danger as well.

--------------

This is a small inside to the past of one of the many characters in this book...Hope you enjoy it...Mind you I believe that mates are supposed to be loving and complete equals, so yeah!

-Nimaya