Chapter 2: Midnight Madness

Chapter 2

Midnight Madness

Rosalie tucked a strand of almost black hair behind her ear, as she locked up the bakery. Her eyes lingered a bit longer on her very own reflection. Her skin shone bright as ever, as the moonlight hit it from above. Rosalie shivered, and with one glance back at the shop, she began her journey home.

Her steps seemed to echo in the tiny town, and though Rosalie had practically done this forever, she still got chills. She looked around the slightly illuminated street. many street lamps had gone off, expecting every sane person to be in bed at this ungodly hour. Rosalie wasn't sane, nor was she normal. She looked back down at her feet, and hurried along.

As she rounded a familiar corner, she caught sight of a figure. The figure seemed to be smoking, as light puffs of smoke escaped his lips ever so often. The figure stood extremely still, and silent, on the other side of the road. Rosalie furrowed her eyebrows, as she took slightly less echoed steps further in.

The figure turned, and Rosalie felt her heart pull. The figure was a man, and this man was staring at her. His bright green eyes shifting from yellow to its original colour. Rosalie's eyes widened, as she felt her heart pull more. She let out a laboured breath, before swiftly turning her gaze back to her shoes, and racing off down the road.

She felt eyes on her. His eyes to be particular, and Rosalie shuddered. She looked back, tucking her cold, numb hands into her coat pockets, but he wasn't there, the rather mysterious stranger with the gorgeous eyes had made a run for it. She sighed and looked back, mentally cursing her tugging heart and longing soul.

--------
This is short, I know. This will be one of the shortest chapter in this book. I didn't want to spoil the chapters by writing more, so I write a longer chapter next time.

-Nimaya