Chapter 3: Unwated Visitor

Chapter 3

Unwanted Visitor

Rosalie awoke the next morning with the feeling of happiness. She could hear noises from downstairs, and she could smell the fresh cooking through the slightly opened bedroom door. She smiled, as she made her way downstairs.

"Benji!", she called, as she spotted a familiar head of dark blonde hair. The said man turned around, with the brightest smile on his face, "Rosie!", he called back, as he rounded her up in his arms. She laughed, wrapping her own arms around his waist. "I missed you", she stated, as she pulled away, he looked down at her, and replied, "I missed you too", Rosalie gave him a goofy smile, before bounding towards the cooking food, "What are you making?", she asked, her accent ringing loud and clear. He whooshed to her side, and with yet another smile, he replied, "Bacon", and Rosalie giggled.

Her idiot of a brother was hardly home, and when he was he was working. So these hard to earn brother sister moments were cherished deeply. Rosalie and her brother were merely two year apart, and Rosalie could always count on her brother to make her laugh. Benji worked for the local pub, and though it didn't pay much, it helped the pair of them survive.

"What a treat", she stated, as she plopped herself on the kitchen stools. He sighed, and continued on with his cooking.

In just a few minutes Rosalie was devouring a large plate of bacon, her eyes looked almost maniacal. Benjamin laughed, and shook his head, as he peacefully ate his. Rosalie, who worked in a bakery, hardly got anything remotely filled with protein, and because of that Rosalie was a rather stunted 5"2. Her brother always made sure that Rosalie would get her protein and Rosalie took these times to her advantage, eating as though she hadn't seen it in her life.

"According to Gary this new pack's Beta wants to meet with us", Benjamin stated, as he looked up from his food. Rosalie nodded, and sighed, "Do you think they'll let us stay?", she asked, and her brother shrugged, "We did keep our Were gene hidden, they might feel betrayed", he said, and she sighed,
"I don't want to leave", she said, and her brother gave her a soft smile,
"We won't have to", he replied, and she sighed, getting off the stool. "Where are you going?", he asked, as he watched her leave her plate in the sink, she looked back and smile, "Work", she said, before she hopped up the steps.

Rosalie walked down the same exact streets, her head down. The rather cold, and unwanted winds, pushed her thick hair all over the place. She grumbled as she tucked it behind her ear. She tucked her hand back into her coat pockets, cursing the fact that she had so kindly given her mittens to her best friend, Wendy. She looked up from her seemingly numbed fingers, and just in time. As she crashed into a large man. She gasped, as she was pushed nearly off her feet.

Her eyes widened, as she took a deep breath. "Sorry", said a deep voice, it sounded husky, as if it hand't been used a lot. Rosalie looked up to peer into his eyes, and to her almost surprise, his eyes were green, but not just any green, the same mesmerising shade of green that she had seen just yesterday. He was the man in the dark.

Rosalie gasped, and stared curiously at the tall man, observing his features. His jaw line was slanted and sharp, his cheek bones matched his jaw line, and his eyebrows were bushy. A light dusting of stubble littered his cheeks and jaw area, and his lips were thin and pale. He cleared his throat and she quickly switched her gaze from his lips to his eyes. To find that they were indeed a rather vibrant yellow.