Chapter Two- New boss?

"Aah, harder harder. Oh, Henry! You're so amazing." And suddenly the fire alarm went on. Oh wait, the fire alarm sounds like my Alarm clock. That's weird.

"Henry,where are-" And suddenly I landed on the floor with my butt hitting something sharp like - Alarm clock?

"Ouch" I groaned. What a start of the day! It's so earl- Damn, It's Eight o'clock now. Rubbing my now bruised ass, I bolted towards Bathroom. I had a meeting at 8:30. Hoe could I forget it?

At 8:15 sharp, I was all set to go. My auburn hair was in a
a messy ponytail. My navy blue pencil skirt and white shirt clearly screamed "I woke up late" which later, could be the reason behind my embarrassment. However it was too late to care about that. Shall I do make up? My inner conscience replied me with a snotty remark, "It's 8:20 a.m., Honey. 10 minutes more to lose your 5th job."

I took a last look at my reflection. I don't look classy at all. Truth be spoken, I was in no mood to impress anyone. Even if I get dressed up like a hipster, my boss wouldn't even give me a second glance. You know all those clichés where a cold hearted boss falls in love with his secretary. Two years ago, I would have hoped for the same. But when your boss is a 55 year old grey haired, bald man, these kind of ideas get quickly escalated.

With all these thoughts crammed in my mind, I managed to reach the tall building where my office, "LR Publications" was situated. I was 8 minutes and 42 seconds late. No surprise. Now all I have to do is set a plan and .... pee!? Seriously, God? Such a right time to pee, isn't it?

2nd floor...
5th floor...
7th floor...
9th floor..
12 th... Yeah!

As the lift door opened, I quickly ran towards ladies washroom. 1..2..3... Mission accomplished.

Entering a cubicle, I sighed out of relief. What could be the best thing in a worst day- A peaceful pee. As I was going to open the door to go to wash my hands, I heard whispers, more precisely two women talking about-

"Oh, it so sad the way that poor man died!" Who died? Must be some celebrity!

"I wonder who our new boss will be." The other woman spoke.

I opened the door making a creaking noise and stalked towards the two women who now stared at me wide - eyed.

"Mr Renae is dead?" I blurted out.

"Yeah, he died of heart attack last night." One of them spoke giving me a look of condolence.

"He was 55 anyway." I shrugged. But, then realising my mistake, I added, "I mean he was too old to handle the stress." Without waiting for their responses, I headed towards my Best friend, Lyndsey's cabin.

"Ly..Ly... What the fuck are you doing?" On opening the door, the scene that awaited me nearly took my breath away. Oh, who am I kidding? It was disgusting.

"Umm, Richard! We will continue this meeting later." With this, a very pissed-off Richard glared at me and left the cabin.

"What on the Earth were you doing?" I hissed. It's not the first time I saw my best friend doing this. Drunk Lyndsey can give you a blow job on the side walk. Drunk Lyndsey can rip off her clothes at the middle of the club. Drunk Lyndsey can do anything. And now watching this, Sober Lyndsey isn't less either.

"We were in a meeting." She raised her eyebrows and shrugged.

"You giving him a blow job inside your cabin is a part of meeting. Are you kidding me?"

"Stop over reacting, will you? Btw, did you hear what's going on? I am so happy." She squealed.

"Yeah, Mr. Renae passed away. I heard that." I replied with a puzzled expression.

"That's old news, Selie. The management announced that for the time being, they are going to choose a new temporary Head of the Department of Editing. And you being the secretary will be their first priority. Are you getting it?" Fuck, I didn't think of it like that. New promoted job means twice the money. I could now buy the Jacuzzi I saw the next day. I could make Nicole my secretary and make her bring me coffee. I could clearly see my future. First, the head of the department, then head of the publications. I am going to be a Billionaire.

"That'd be amazing." I hugged my best friend.

"So, now let's go and watch Nicole burn. I am so going to take a picture of her face when they will announce your name." Nicolette Hudson, the assistant editor of the LR Publications, is the type of girl your mother warned about. Self-centred, classy, fashionable and real bitch. We were never best of friends atleast not yet.

Hands in hands, we got out of Lyndsey's cabin. The hallway was pretty much crowded by my Co - workers and in the middle of the crowd, stood a tall man with all his glory- The Managing Director of this so called Publication house. On seeing our approach,the gentleman smiled at us.

"I am immensely sorry for our loss. Mr. Derrick Renae was truly a man of charisma. A wise man indeed. But now, I am going to welcome your new temporary Head of the Department of Editing. "

This is the time. I checked my attire for the last time. I immediately regretted the choice of my apparel for today. I looked at my Best friend for moral support who instead mouthed "Congrats" to me.

"I am glad to..."

I started walking towards the crowd huddled in front of me.

"... announce that your new..."

I rubbed my hands on the back of my skirt and rehearsed my " Thank you " speech.

"....head of department is..."

I moved to the front of the crowd and prepared myself for all the "congratulations" coming my way. I saw Nicolette staring at me so I replied with a smirk.

".....Miss Nicolette Hudson."

Whaaaaaaaaaat? I stood there watching her moving towards the MD and shaking his hands. Smiling at everyone, she gave her " Thank you" speech. But,I wasn't really listening to anything. Dumbfounded, I turned towards my best friend who looked equally shocked. Minutes passed, and everyone went back to working.

"You know, you should close your mouth now. Don't make it so obvious that you're worthless. " Nicole whispered, breaking my tranceand went into her new Cabin.I could have given her a sarcastic comeback right there but at that moment everything was a blur.

"Bitch" Lyndsey muttered. Staring at my now drained face, she spoke, "It's okay,Selie.You can do it. "

Too stunned to speak, I nodded. I looked over my shoulder at Mr. Renae's cabin where "Mr. Derrick Renae" at the door is now replaced with a printed paper, "Miss Nicolette Hudson" written over it.

It all seemed to be a nightmare. And, Nicole is my boss. Oh Boy! Worst day of my life!