Chapter Four

Dedicated to one of the amazing person I met through Wattpad, @zoeroxzoky
Loads of love!
_______________________________________________________________

Albeit I knew, things are just too over dramatic in my life. I had a little hope, tiny-winy hope which is currently being crushed by life under Prada heels. When I completed my graduation in History, I literally had no idea what to do next. Like who gets a job by having a history major.

Yeah, I even landed up with a job for doing internship in Humanitarian Historical Survey. And the name was enough to make me cringe out of disgust. I needed a job where I can wear short pencil skirts which perfectly shapes my booty, four inch Jimmy Choo Heels (Well, I have only one.) and just the right shirt to show off my cleavage. So, apparently, I always had a question mark plastered on my forehead in every matter- time pass boyfriends, studies, family, career and now my nonexistent love life.

While sitting on my desk, my gaze travelled to the figure standing near Nicole's cabin door, precisely two figures. They were hugging each other like there was no tomorrow. Oh, what wouldn't I give to have someone like this in my life.

"Is it an office or her bedroom?" Lyndsey muttered. Standing beside my desk, she averted her gaze to both of them. Lyndsey was all about one night stands, flings. According to her, loving someone makes you weak. After explaining a hundred times that love gives you strength, I found it pointless to tell her anymore.  Likewise, her animosity towards love remained steady.

"You need to get laid, Selie. You have got bags under your eyes. You have got all that "I am PMSing, stay away from me" look going on your face. You need to boost up your sexual activities. Should I give you some suggestions about new sex positions? Last night, I had sex with Daniel and he showed me some good ones." She squealed blithely.

My face twisted to one of the utter disgust. "Oh shut up. You are probably going to have STD sooner or later."

"Screw you. Anyway, have you checked that Dating app recently?" She asked. I can't help but give her a goofy smile. How could I forget about it? I took my phone and logged into that app.

2 messages and 16 notifications.

Bustling with my new found excitement, I strted checking them one by one.

"Hey, I am Nathan Stiller, Head of Advertising in D&S firm. You look pretty. I would like to have a date with you."

"Hello, Joseph here!"

I searched for Nathan's pictures. On finding them, I continued staring at my phone as if someone is going to jump from inside. Minutes ticked by, I realised that everything is real. Everything - His heavenly muscles, charcoal eyes, and what not.

"I have a date this weekend." I replied to Lyndsey, never shifting my gaze from the phone. I started typing my message to Nathan. What should I write?

"Hey, Nathan! I saw your message. And I would love to go out with you. How about this weekend? ;)"  Naah, it seems too desperate.

"Hey, Nathan! I got your message. Thank you."  Nopes, too brooish.

"Hey, Nathan! Thank you for the compliment. You're not so bad either. I would love to go out with you. :)" Perfect. Send.