chapter 7

'Whoa, that's a lot of cats.' Atticus thought to himself.

They looked around and saw Cat R. Waul as he was living like a king in the saloon so far.

"This bein' nice to mice, it's... it's... IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!" the cowboy cat had a panic attack.

"You morons!" Cat R. Waul slammed a magnifying glass on top of him.

There was a genius cat that showed a blueprint on how they were going to catch all of the mice so they could eat them.

'Oh, no.' Atticus thought to himself.

"MOUSE BURGER!" the cats cheered.

"Let me hear it again?" Cat R. Waul smiled smugly.

"MOUSE BURGER!" the cats cheered again.

"Let the saliva flow!" Cat R. Waul grinned to them.

Fievel, Cherry, Atticus, Mo, Olivia, and Yasha looked slightly panicked.

"We have to warn the others." Mo whispered.

"They don't believe us..." Fievel pouted.

"We tried to tell his family, but they didn't listen." Cherry said to Mo to explain that saying.

"I'm gonna make that cat pay..." Fievel slid on a fork, got on stage, grabbed the fork and poked Waul against his tail.

Cat R. Waul shrieked and crashed through the ceiling.

"That's gotta hurt." Atticus said.

After a few moments, Cat R. Waul finally came back down. "Humans, yech! So shiny and blah!"

Cherry, Mo, and Atticus gave glares, taking offense to that.

"You take that back!" Atticus glared.

Fievel looked curious and confused why Atticus would take offense to that.

"Right, I want the subversive who attempted to assassinate me, found." Waul demanded to his spider minion.

"I love finding subversives!" Chula cheered before spitting up a web. "What's a subversive?"

"Someone who doesn't have long to live." Waul glared as Fievel kept the fork and ended up on a record player and got stuck in the needle.

Cherry, Atticus, and Mo tried to help him out.

"If it isn't my friends from the train?" Waul smirked to the young mice, trying to remain friendly like the others believed him to be.

"Um, Atticus, I think that now is a perfect time for you to use your true strength on them." Mo said nervously.

"We heard what you said about the mouse burgers." Cherry glared and narrowed her eyes at the brown cat.

"We're gonna tell everyone and we're gonna get Wylie Burp." Fievel added in bravery.

"You're also gonna be dead meat in a few seconds." Mo said, looking to her boyfriend after she said that.

"Yeah!" Atticus added in, cracking his knuckles.

Cat R. Waul just laughed at the young mice with his fellow cats. "That quaint historical figure," he mocked the young mice he held hostage before he was going to eat them all alive. "Put simply, I am the law here. You are all just mere hors d'oeuvres."

"I'll show you hors d'oeuvres!" Atticus growled, about to attack.

However, before anything could happen, Cat R. Waul heard distant singing which bounced into his ears in delight.