chapter 8

It was now late and it felt like Cherry, Atticus, and Fievel were on their own about this whole mouse burger mess. There were two human kids outside a home, one was working on a scientific equation and the other one was flinging a sling-shot everywhere.

"Who are those two?" Atticus asked.

Cherry looked over and took a closer look. "It's Jules and Verne!"

"Who?" Fievel asked.

"My cousins," Cherry said to him, then watched them. "They're not fellow mice, but... You think my family could help us?"

"Possibly." Atticus said.

Fievel was a little nervous about encountering humans since many of them did not like mice.

"Come on." Atticus said.

Fievel was still nervous, but followed after.

"Verne, will you stop making a nuisance of yourself?" the brown-haired boy scolded his brother. "I'm trying to memorize an equation from Mother's mathematical lecture!"

"Sorry." Verne scoffed.

"You never are..." Jules rolled his brown eyes back.

Cherry, Atticus, and Fievel then ended up on top of his book.

"RODENTS!" Jules screamed and dropped the book.

"Cool!" Verne smiled in excitement. "Where!?"

"Down here!" Atticus squeaked.

"The rodent is speaking to me in human language..." Jules muttered before fainting.

Verne grabbed the three mice and held them in his hand. "Cool, I wonder if Mom could cook 'em for dinner, and if not, I can train them to play pranks on Jules!"

"Verne Newton Brown, don't you dare think about it!" Cherry scolded.

"Weird, that female mouse sounds like Cherry." Verne said.

"It is!" Cherry yelped.

"Cherry, is that you?" Verne asked.

"No, it's your mama, of course it's me!" Cherry folded her arms.

"Cool!" Verne woke up his brother.

"Ugh... What happened?" Jules rubbed his head.

"Cherry's a mouse!" Verne showed his brother.

"Along with her best friend Atticus and my girlfriend, Mo!" Atticus squeaked.

Jules looked woozy and passed out again.

"Somehow I don't think that guy's gonna be much help." Fievel huffed.

"Agreed." Atticus nodded.

"Verne, where's Uncle Emmett?" Cherry asked.

"Dad's inside with Mom until supper's ready," Verne told her. "You might wanna stay back though, Mom hates mice."

"Good to know." Atticus said.

"Just keep them away..." Jules warned. "Who knows what Mother might say?"

"Supper time, boys!" a female Western accent called.

"Oh, boy!" Verne eagerly ran inside as he carried Cherry, Atticus, and Fievel in his hand.

"WHOA!" the three mice cried, Verne seemed to had forgotten that he had them.

"Hey! Have you forgotten? We're still in your hand!" Atticus squeaked.

"Oops, sorry, guys..." Verne looked down to the three mice.