Present

Melody's pov

It's been a few months since Norman had found out about my cancer. He meant what he said that day in the meadow, Norman has stayed by my side completely through everything. He's gone to every doctor's appointment with me, picked up my medications when I needed them, and he's even skipped conventions and some filming days when I didn't feel well so he could take care of me. I would tell him I was fine on my own, but he insisted and wouldn't take no for an answer. Even if it meant letting down some of his fans. I felt bad because I knew how disappointed I would be if I bought a ticket to see him and he cancelled. I felt in a way I was the reason he was letting his fans down. The fans didn't know about me and I liked it that way. I don't know if I could deal with constantly being hounded by them and different paparazzi. I already couldn't breathe well enough as it is. Today I had forced him to go to work, thankful he didn't put up that much of a fight about it today. It was actually one of my better days and I needed to catch up with Gwen. I only worked a few days a week and have been switching from going home to staying with Norman. Once he found out everything, he insisted that I stay with him a few nights a week so he could help. I told him that wasn't necessary but he once again didn't listen. He even got a portable oxygen machine by his bedside for when I have trouble breathing at night. Now, I wasn't complaining that he was taking care of me. I loved all the attention I was getting from him. Staying with him brought me and Mingus even closer. We work on guitar almost every night I'm here. We've written a song together and now he is currently writing on his own. Well trying.... I give him my advice and try to help with ideas but the song has to come from him. When it's right, it will come to him and he's not being patient with that idea. It's kind of funny sometimes. After finishing breakfast, I took in the quietness of the house. With both Reedus men gone for the day, the place seemed way bigger and the quietness kinda gave it a creepy feeling. Shaking off the creepiness, I walking into the living room and sat down on the sofa before pulling out my phone and dialing Gwen's number. We had plans for the weekend, but never really had a time set up. Gwen always took me out for my birthday and since my birthday was Saturday, she talked about going to the mall. I wasn't a big "mall" girl but Gwen loved it. I didn't tell her that, especially now since this very well might be my last birthday. I didn't want to ruin any day I had with her just because I didn't want to do something. The phone rang once and then went straight to voicemail.

"that was weird" I thought to myself.

Glancing down at my phone to make sure it didn't mess up, I redialed her number. Same thing. Shrugging, I turned on the tv and waited for her to text me back.

Norman's pov

"Perfect. You'll take her to the mall all day Saturday." I said into the phone.

"and no matter how bad she complains, do not let her come home till 4:30." Gwen replied.

"Exactly. Thanks gwen this is going to be great!" I said.

"No problem! I'm super excited! now I gotta go. Mel just called me twice and I rejected her so she's probably getting suspicious." she said.

"Alright, thanks again Gwen" I said.

"No problem norman! this is going to be awesome! Bye!" she exclaimed.

I smiled and hung up the phone before looking into the mirror in my dressing room. Everything was coming together nicely for Saturday. With all the doctors appointments and constant bad news, it's gonna be great to have a good day. Melody didn't get many of those anymore. She was getting weaker, getting worse. She didn't think I noticed, but I did. It killed me seeing her deteriorate in front of me and I couldn't do anything about it. Wiping my face, trying to get the mud and fake blood off my face, I finished changing out of my Daryl costume and started out towards my bike.

"Reedus!" I heard someone yell for me.

Turning, I saw Andy running up to me.

"Hey man, you're coming this weekend right?" I asked.

"Wouldn't miss it. The whole cast is talking about it, we're excited. She expect anything?" He asked.

"Nah, atleast I don't think so." I said.

"Gwen going to be there?" he asked.

I nodded, "yea you alright with that?"

"of course! she's a great girl and I'm always happy to spend time with my fans" he smiled.

I nodded and then rubbed my eyes as I yawned. Andy looked at me seriously, "Everything ok? You look like your exhausted."

"Yeah i'm fine, not sleeping well recently." I whispered.

"Well tell Mel to calm down and let you sleep" he joked.

I chuckled and shook my head, "Alright well I'm off to get mingus and we are heading to get her birthday present"

"What you getting her?"he asked.

"if I told you that, I'd have to kill you" I joked.

He raised his eyebrow and chuckled, "Whatever, just so you know she's gonna like my gift the best."

"Challenge accepted." I chuckled.

A/N hey guys I know kinda shirt, this chapter was mainly a filler. What do you think norman is gonna get melody?!