Chapter 3.A dangerous way to fool powerful people.

It was now wave twenty three.
This was the end.

I had already used my healing potion on Preston, who took an almost fatal arrow to the stomach.He was fine now, however, as the powers of the potion had given him an extra dose of adrenaline, which made him much more awake and tireless than the rest of us.

"Mitch..."

I turned my head to Rob, who was just plunging his sword into a creeper's chest, only to have it break as it fell to the floor.

"Were surrounded!"

I looked around, whilst desperately tried to thin the seemingly endless wave of pure creepers that were closing in, and surrounding us every second.We were now pinned in a tight circle in the centre of the arena, much like at the start of this horrific battle.The floor was littered with corpses, blood causing a disgusting aura of death and staining everything with crimson.

Including us.

Jerome had it in his fur.

It was mixing slightly with Preston's molten skin.

Lachlan and Rob had it smeared on their faces.

And Vikk might as well have just been painted red.It would look the same anyway.

My beloved hoodie was heavily drenched, and dragging my torso as i swung my slippery iron sword into the hissing ocean of green in front of me.

"NO!"

Lachlan's petrified scream from behind me, pierced my heart with cold fear, as the hissing grew louder, and every one of us was flung in all directions from an explosion.I landed with a heavy thud, and my hearing was replaced with pure white noise from the blast.

The good news?

As i carefully stood up, i saw every creeper's body obliterated on the floor, with body parts strewn across the ground, and even more blood now creating puddles in the dirt.

The bad news?

Rob was lying on the floor.
Unmoving.

"ROB!"

I screamed as the white noise faded, and i bolted towards him, dipping to my knees, and pressing my fingers against his wrist.
His breathing was shallow, and his pulse was scarce, however i could almost cry with relief that he wasn't dead.As the other four ran over, unharmed enough to sprint across a war zone of death, i stood up to a nosy crowd, all excited to see whether or not a victim had finally fallen.

"HE'S NOT DEAD! YOU HEAR ME? HE IS NOT DEAD HE IS STILL ALIVE YOU SON'S OF B-"

An incredible gush of wind sent me flying to the floor, and the crowd screamed in alarm.I struggled to sit up and turned around, to see the others all crowding around Rob protectively, as a small figure was now stood in the centre of the arena.
I stumbled to the group, and tightly clutched Vikk's arm, which raised to grab my sleeve.We both looked to each other in fear, before the figure incredibly spoke up amongst the panic and the wind.

"QUICKLY! GRAB YOUR INJURED FRIEND AND COME TO ME! YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE NOW!"

Cautious, none of us moved, until an un-announced round twenty four began, and thirty-odd witches emerged from the gates.

I let go of Vikk, and struggled over to Rob, before picking him up in my arms and crying out;

"C'MON GUYS WE HAVE TO GO!"

Everyone agreed, as they all started to move towards the figure, with only Preston staying behind to help me.

Everyone managed to make it to the mysterious saviour, who's billowing cape make it impossible to note any features.We were suddenly surrounded by a misty bubble of air, which slowly turned whiter, and whiter, until the arena vanished.The wind rapidly ground to a halt, and the bubble disappeared.

I almost dropped Rob in surprise, as we were now surrounded in forest, rather than blood and bodies.Everyone else was shocked too, as no one said anything.

"Ahem."

Everyone's head's turned to the magical stranger,who had lifted back their hood to reveal an elderly lady with a crooked smile.

"I...apologise for that...rather appalling first impression, however there appears to be a rather dire situation at hand."

She raised her hand, and waved it at the unconscious Rob in my arms, who then felt as light as a feather.I nodded at Preston, who let him go, and i cradled him closer to me, and hurriedly followed the woman into her house, the rest of the pack right behind me.