Hak

Chapter 7

"You got me there Lord Hak. Please keep this a secret but the truth is.. she's my lover."

"Lover? Oh." Hak looked at us, deadpanned.

Now I've done it.

"Sure, I'll keep it a secret. You can show her to me now." He added with a wicked grin.

Hean-Dea and I both froze in our spot.

"She's kind of shy to strangers so maybe next time.."

I slightly nodded my head and nudged Hean-Dea to keep going.

"So if you'll excuse me Lord Hak. Yura and I have something important to discuss." Hean-dea grabbed my hand and began to walk away.

I did not dare to look back at Hak.

When we arrived on a corner, Hean-Dea suddenly turned and looked at me, his eyes sparkling in confidence.

"Did I do a good job?"

I smiled.

"You were awesome!"

I'm not kidding. He really was. I thought for sure he would stutter and Hak would find out but he didn't. He showed me something unexpected.

"I like you already!" I exclaimed in glee.

Astonished and at the same time embarrassed, he covered his face with his hands.

"D-don't say something like that so suddenly."

"But I really mean it." I frankly stated.

This only made his blush even worse.

Okay Ji-Ahn, that's enough playing around.

"Well thank you for helping me. Would you lead me to your village chief?" I asked.

He looked wary for a moment but agreed. I laughed at this.

"Don't worry I won't back down this time."

"I don't really mind though." He mumbled on our way there.

He would also steal a few glances at my face although I'm used to it and paid no attention to such things.

"We're here."

I stepped back to let him knock and open the door for me.

He's too nice. Now that I remember it, he's done all kinds of the things I've told him to without any reservations.

Is he an idiot?

I may have helped him in the past but he could have at least doubt my actions. I'm a stranger afterall.

Or maybe, he's just really too kind.

Let's leave it at that.

"Lord Mun-deok, someone is here to see you." He called after leading me inside.

"Uncle," I smiled at the old man who has been like my father since the times I felt really lonely. Not to mention, my savior.

He bolted up from his seat and gazed at me with dumbfounded eyes.

"Lady Ji-Ahn, is that you?"

"Fortunately."

I smiled cheekily and fall into his welcoming hug.

"My, you've gotten so big!" He commented with a laugh.

"And you've gotten so old." I replied back.