The Wolf Is Scared

Chapter 14

"..."

"Is the food not to your liking?"

I shook my head, refusing to meet his gaze as I take a sip at the tea Min-soo prepared.

I also did not dare opened my mouth or even answer his question properly.

"I brought sweets from the castle, it's your favorite." He said, obviously bribing me into talking to him which I will definitely not do so.

But the sweet smell of the cookies is just too much.

Oh please my inner glutton. Don't you dare come out.

"Thank you."

Ugh.. it can't be helped.

I took a bite and instantly fell into an unstoppable eating machine.

"Slow down My Lady." Yin appeared along with Min-soo who both watched me cautiously.

"I brought a lot so you don't have to rush." Kye-sook looked rather amused and I mentally cursed myself.

I'm supposed to be angry at him.

"Hpmh, don't think that this will make me forgive you." I bluntly told him, and he chuckled.

"I know."

Silence flooded us all over again but it wasn't too uncomfortable.

Bored, I looked up at him and flinched when I caught him staring at me with curious eyes.

"W-what do you want? Don't look at me like that. You're creepy."

"I've always thought you were a sweet girl when you were still a kid. But to think you would call your own brother creepy.. I sure miss the old times." He sighed discontently.

I, on the other hand, was highly insulted by this.

"Shut it."

"So?"

"What?"

There was a slight pause. His expression suddenly changed serious and I knew I had to do the same.

"You do not visit the castle that much unlike before."

Ack...

So he doesn't know. Good.

But how should I answer him?

I just can't run my mouth, I need to think this carefully.

If he finds out that I caused a lot of trouble and has something to do with Princess Yona's escape, I would surely face hell.

Not to mention I used my rank, which he forbids me to do so.

...

A chill ran down my spine.

HE WOULD SURELY KILL ME.

"With all these happening, do you think I would be able to frivolously visit the castle?"

He did not say anything, taking a sip on his cup. His eyes were still scanning me.

"Thats true," he placed the cup back on the table, my eyes can't help but follow his movements. "As you can see, there a lot of intereference lately."

I almost choked at his words if it isn't for my mental preparedness that soon enough, he would notice.

"I-interference?"

"Apparently, someone used the name of the King to cause some trouble. Well it's not as if we can't do anything about it."

"Oh." That's all I could say.