Chapter 7

Not Edited (Like always)

Let me know what you think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Woah" Aislynn said as she looked up at the towering gate of Utopia.

"Yeah, impressive isnt it?" I asked without looking at her. 

'Ok, Come on now guys' I thought to myself as I bang on the metal of the gate with my hand. They should have seen me from the watch tower way before I even got here.

"What do you think is going on?" Aislynn said putting her hands on her hip and looking at me, one eye squinted to block the sun.

"I don't know, they should have opened the gates by now. Something must be wrong." Just as I said that I heard a noise. It sounded like metal being dropped on the ground. The clanging rang in my ears as I stared at Aislynn. "How good are you with fighting these things?" I asked her.

She gave a half shrug before answering, "I can kill my fair share if thats what you mean."

I nodded and pointed at her knife attached to her side before telling her to follow me around the back.

As we walked I noticed that the tall grass was shoved down like someone walked through here often, although I know that no one should be coming through here for any reason.

We made it around the back, only running into one creep. As we scaled along the side of the large metal section of one wall I noticed a sheet of metal out of place. The hole was big enough for a grown man to fit through if they tried hard enough but I doubt a creep would be smart enough to crawl through on its stomach. 

"Be prepared for more than just creeps." I said getting on my stomach to crawl through the hole.

I stood up on the other side, wiping the dirt off my hands while looking around. Nothing seemed to be out of place from where I stood. 

I looked behind me and waited for Aislynn to crawl out of the hole before continuing with my inspection.

I started walking back towards the main gates where I originally wanted to enter, glancing around at houses to make sure nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"So you made this place?" Aislynn asked me, looking around wide eyed. I just nodded and motioned for her to be quiet so we could continue our inspection without getting noticed.

I started noticing that none of the doors were open and all of the window barricades were down just like in our drills. Something must have happened.

I got to the watch tower and prepared to climb the ladder, hand on the rung that was level with my face.

"Stay down here and keep an eye out for anything suspicious." I told Aislynn.

I took the ladder step by step and finally getting to the top, I noticed blood.

In the corner of the tower, sat against the wall, was the morning patrol, Nathan.

I checked his pulse and found that he was still alive, although barely.

I shook him a little and his eyes fluttered open for just a minute. Long enough to realize it was me.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Dick." His breath wavered and his eyes closed back.

"Dont you dare die on me." I said grabbing the first aid kit from the wall beside me.

"Aislynn! Get your ass up here and help me!" I heard thumping and within a few seconds she was up in the tower leaning over me.

"Put pressure on this and keep checking his pulse." I said ripping his shirt off his stomach to reveal the bullet wound. "I have some business to take care of. There is a gun over there. If a man comes up here and his name is Dick. Kill him." I said taking off down the ladder, grabbing one of the pistols by the door.