Chapter TwentyOne

Over 1000 reads, you lot are the best!!!

If any of my readers are Australian, did you see the news on saturday night? Anyway there was a big thing about this cruise (car cruise) we had in honour of my friend who died. Everyone that came bought these stickers for the cars, myself and a few friends walked around with tins for people to donate money and help the family. We ended up raising over $3000. It was a truly amazing thing to see, seeing so many people come together to help out was beautiful. We had over 150 cars plus motorbikes and trucks on this cruise. So hence why I have been M.I.A, with all the preparations for this fundraiser and helping out with my friend I have had no time at all to update. So I'm so sorry! But here is an update for you all and I hope you like it!

I walked and walked. Time made no sense as I pushed slowly through the crowds on the streets. It was hours passing, but also only seconds. Maybe because it felt like time had been frozen because the streets looked the same no matter how far I went. I didn't know where I was going, all I knew was that I was going. For what felt like the thousandth time since I have been in the city, I was running away from my problems, from the pain.

It is a dull sensation, your heart breaking, like the sound of a pebble dropping on the sand. Not a shattering, not a tearing apart, there is nothing shrill or grand about the sensation. It is merely an internal realisation that something treasured you never knew you had is leaving forever.

I now had found myself on the outskirts of town, which made me realise how far I had actually walked. There was no turning back now, I had no idea how I was going to catch my flight tomorrow, I didn't have my suitcases, my passport, nothing. All I had in my purse was my phone and a bit of cash. I didn't want to go back to my dorm for two reasons. One I didn't want to have to explain what happened to Keira and relive the whole ordeal. Two I didn't want to risk a drunk Harry banging on my door all night asking to speak to me. I was conflicted as of what to do.

I scanned my surroundings and my eyes landed on a bright neon sign flashing the word 'vacancy'. I have never stayed in a motel before but right now it was my only option. I looked both ways before crossing the street. I pushed open the door to the office of the motel setting a little bell on top of the door awake. The sound cutting through the silent air causing the short, chubby man behind the counter to drop his newspaper and look up at me. By his expression he was clearly startled by my appearance, I had a feeling not too many people stayed here and with good reason. The place was extremely shabby and it quite frankly freaked me out. I tried to push all the memories of all the horror movies I have watched in my lifetime out my head as I walked to the counter in which the man stood behind. I dug my hands into my purse and pulled out the cash I had brought with me tonight and put it on the counter. "Just a one bedder for one night please." I said eyeing the the man. He picked up the money and pulled a key out of his pocket and placing it into what I assumed was just a drawer. The drawer popped out to reveal the till. There was not much money in there which confirmed my assumptions of the lack of business this motel received. He pulled out a couple of notes handing me my change before he turned his back on me and walked into a little room which held all the keys. Only now did I take in his full appearance. Everything about him screamed dirty. He wore stains all down his cream polo that adorned the motel's insignia. His teeth shone a disgusting yellow colour and was even missing a few. I tried to shake away the stereotype I was slowly forming for this man as he walked back and placed the key into my hand. 

"Room number 3. Down the sidewalk and make a left. You should only have one neighbour, nice lad though, you needn't worry." The man smiled at me with his not so pretty smile. I smiled back at him and made my way out of the door back into the chilly night air. I tried to follow the man's directions but was struggling due to the lack of light this place offered. I'm glad that I had brought my converse tonight or I would of fallen on my arse a million times in a space of a few minutes. As I walked I squinted at the doors to try and see their numbers, I was paying no attention to the front of me when I slammed into what felt like a brick wall. I dropped my purse and my phone and other little bits and pieces rolled out. I bent down the start picking them up when another figure bent down next to me to assist me.