004

As soon as Isaac got back up from the ground Allison grabbed her bow and quiver again. She had to get a faster shot. She was great at aiming, but Isaac could still catch her arrows and it annoyed her. He had superspeed, she knew that, but she wanted it to not matter when she shot an arrow. The pressure of her families legacy was weighing on her shoulders, even though she knew her dad wouldn't push her or force her to go down the path she had already went down. 

She still hated herself for what she did when she let her grandpa, Gerard, get to her. She had hurt the people she had cared about. She let her grandpa hurt Erica, Boyd, Stiles and even Scott. She never wanted to go down that path again. She wanted to do good. She wanted to turn her families legacy into something different. 

"We hunt those who hunt us" used to be their family code. Allison shivered at the thought of it. Since the death of her grandfather and her mother, she had realised how wrong it was and how dark that code actually was. 

  "Nous protégeons ceux qui ne peuvent pas se protéger eux-mêmes." This was the code that Allison and her dad had lived by since that very moment. We protect those who cannot protect themselves. A smile formed around her lips and she grabbed one of her arrows. This time she wouldn't let Isaac catch it. This time it would hit the target and it would hit the target fast. She pulled back the string as she held in her breath. As she let out the air she let go of the string and the arrow shot straight towards it's target. Isaac reached out for the arrow but was too slow. The arrow hit the target and Allison cheered. 

'I did it!' she cheered, 'You couldn't catch it. You were too slow. I did it!'

Isaac couldn't surpress a smile and shook his head lightly at the enthusiasm of Allison. 

'You did it,' he said and pulled the arrow out of the treetrunk. 

Allison opened her mouth to say something about how fast the arrow shot towards the tree but the sound of her phone interupted her. She quickly run towards her bag and opened it to get her phone. Her breath caught in her troath as she saw Lydia's face smiling at her and her name on the display.

'Who is it?' Isaac asked as he walked towards her.

'It's Lydia,' Allison replied and she cursed at herself for her high pitched voice as she started breathing again. 'I should probably call her back later, we're training.' 

Isaac frowned at her, Allison knew that he knew something was up. How could he not? She had been so obvious about it lately, she couldn't even breathe normally when she was around Lydia. Of course someone would notice that. 

'Answer it,' Isaac said.

Allison let out a sigh and then anwered the phone.

'Hey Lydia,' she said, trying to make her voice sound as normal as she could.

'Hey Ally!' 

Allison's heart jumped at the sound of Lydia's voice and she closed her eyes to try and get back the control of her breathing and her heartbeat.

'I hope I'm not interupting your trainingsession with Isaac, but I really need you help. We have a party tomorrow and I have no clothes to wear,' Lydia explained from the other side of the phone. 

Allison could her a light panic in her voice, which was nowhere near necessary. Lydia had a closet the size of Allison's bathroom and it was full of clothes.

'I need you to come shopping with me as I think you could also use a new outfit for that party.'

'Lydia...' 

'Allison, please?' 

Allison knew she couldn't resist it when Lydia was begging her to please come with her somewhere. She rolled her eyes and rubbed her forehead with her hand.

'Okay, fine. I'll go with you. When?'

'Tonight. The mall is open until 10.' 

Allison looked at her watch and saw it was near half past 5 already. She gestured that Isaac should pack all of their stuff and he went to get her bow and quiver.

'Alright, I'll come pick you up at 7. We should have enough time to find a new outfit for the party tomorrow,' Allison finally said. 

She hung up after Lydia thanked her a couple times and they said their byes. 

'You'd do anything for that girl, woulnd't you?' Isaac asked as he handed Allison her bow and quiver.

'Anything,' Allison replied as they walked back to her car.