Chapter 7: Crystal's POV

I was starting to REALLY hate the Labyrinth.

First, I fell from the cabinet and got petrified by the Minotaur. Second, Kasey and I almost killed Leafy with the explosion. And now, Kasey, Roselyn, Leafy, and I were falling to our deaths.

This was all caused by the stupid Labyrinth.

I gritted my teeth, holding back a terrified scream, as I plunged fifty feet. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for death to overcome me.

Suddenly, I was floating in the air, the soft breeze, which had just stirred up a moment ago by who-knows-what, rippling through my blond hair.

Dying actually doesn't feel too bad, I thought.

The air loosened its grip, and I slowly descended. I opened my eyes, bewildered, as I felt solid ground beneath me.

"What the heck?" I muttered.

I took in my surroundings and soon realized I was not, to my relief, dead. Roselyn, Kasey, and Leafy stood in front of me, all looking fine except for the pain twisted in Roselyn's face.

"Why aren't we dead?" I asked.

"Roselyn saved us," Leafy murmured, awe-struck. "She controlled the air to let us descend safely."

"You're welcome," Roselyn sneered.

"But Roselyn, how-" I started.

"I don't know," Roselyn interrupted sourly. "But I'm the daughter of Zeus, okay?"

"Don't mind her," Leafy said to me. "Controlling the air took a lot of her energy. Now she's tired. Roselyn-"

"I'm FINE!" Roselyn snapped. "Let's just go."

Kasey nodded and briskly led the way through the Labyrinth. Roselyn had a hard time keeping up, so she had to lean on Leafy. I propped her up on the other side.

"Thanks," Roselyn muttered.

I could tell that some of her crabbiness was from her fury at Kasey's betrayal. Ever since Kasey had healed Leafy, Roselyn had summoned great respect for her. When she learned that Kasey was a traitor...well, that must've been a hard blow.

For a moment we just walked in silence. Roselyn's eyes were red with anger, and I knew that she would do something reckless soon.

I was right.

When Kasey halted at a stone door and gestured for everyone to go inside, Roselyn came before her, unsheathing her two swords. Though how she found the sudden strength to do it, I do not know.

"A duel," Roselyn snarled at Kasey. "One on one. You against me."

A/N: Also, please fan @cxzlollipop58 and go check out her stories (: She made the cover for this story. It's perf kay

50 votes on the whole story for the next chapter :)