Chapter 1: the dream

After some time I eventually cried myself to sleep. My dreams where good ones. I wish daddy was here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wake up dear, come on now, wake up."

It was my mamma, the way she was now was how I liked her. How she used to be. If I didn't know better I would have never thought she was really my mother.She had the same brown hair, except now it had more color. She had the same pale blue eyes, except these shone and sparkled like crystal clear water in the sun. She had the same mouth, except it was curved up into a friendly smile. My mom never did that anymore. That's how I knew it was a dream.

"Come on Alice, Or we're gonna be late!" She said cheerfully "Wouldn't want to be late for your own birthday party."

It was my 4th birthday. I was dressed in a blue frilly dress with lacy ends, and I had fallen asleep on the couch while waiting for the last guest to arrive. daddy. That was the year my daddy left and never came back. He left me all alone, and I can never forgive him for that.

Me and nice mamma walked through the door into the kitchen, where all of my friends where waiting for me to blow out the candles. The cake was white with blue icing flowers decorating the top, and blue frilly sides. I took a deep breath and blew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Short chapter I know but hey, the next ones kind of long.*