| ♪̳Bar 22 |

Eren learned that Levi really cared a whole lot for him and was dedicated to spend a lot of his time to comfort him and reassure him that everything was (probably) going to be okay. He forced Eren into his apartment and literally threw him onto his oversized bed despite his size and let him sleep there until he felt a little better. He stroked Eren's soft hair until he fell asleep and made him French toast in the mornings. Eren started to drown in the small gestures of care and let himself be spoiled by Levi.

Levi was fine with Eren being lazy, and he even grew a little attached like a child would to a plush animal. He refused to go to his apartment to take a shower and begged him to stay with him when he fell asleep. It wasn't very fun at times because Eren was a very annoying sleeper. He would always unconsciously spoon him and breath right on his neck- snore even, and it wasn't pleasant sometimes. By the time morning arrived, he was literally on Levi and he was a rather heavy teen.

It was four in the morning, and Levi's insomnia started to hit him like a train. Eren was bundled up into a ball and sound asleep and didn't seem to notice when the loud phone from the kitchen started to ring like there was no tomorrow. Levi felt groggy as he slowly got up and didn't object. He was kind of finding an excuse to get up ever since they hit the hay at ten, and he finally found one. He Levi kicked away at the blankets and quietly exited the room to answer the phone.

During day time, the creak of the stairs and the sound of his breathing wouldn't be bother, but now that it was night it was a whole different situation. It was like the whole world was asleep and it would make anyone self conscious as all the small noises bounced off the walls. The floor boards moaned under his feet as he crept down the stairs carefully and managed to reach the phone in time and pressed his thumb to the answer button.

"Hello," Levi answered with a tired and sharp tone of voice. "It's me. Ackerman speaking."

"Oh, uh, I'm Mikasa," the caller replied with a hint of nervousness in her voice. "I really do apologize for calling so late in the night, but Eren wouldn't answer his phone, and you're his neighbor so I assumed you would be willing to tell him the... news."

"How did you get my number?" Levi asked curiously.

"No time to answer that. It's about my mother and she..." Mikasa trailed off and Levi could hear her throat make some weird choking sound on the other side of the line. "She's really not okay. S-She's been diagnosed with bone marrow failure and I was wondering if you could... tell Eren without making him worry too much." Her voice went more quiet and Levi could now hear her muffled sobs and wished he could do or say something to make her feel better, but he knew he couldn't. Realized your mother was struck with such a life threatening sickness was like slowly watching the world burn in front of your eyes.

"Again, I'm so sorry to call you at such a time," she murmured again.

"I understand. I'll tell him. Thanks for telling me."

Levi really didn't want to tell him. He didn't really appreciate how Mikasa just dumped some responsibility on him when she could have just called him later, but he had a vague idea of why she would. Humans wanted to share their sorrow. It'd make them feel out of place and too contrasting. Humans were just that selfish; it was like wanting to pull everyone else down to hell once all storms broke loose in their lives. It was only natural that some people would feel that way because after all, not everyone was capable of controlling their feelings; it was like trying to tame a wild animal.

Levi dragged himself to bed and lay quietly next to his breathing body as he wrapped his arms around him. He wanted to stay like that for a while, remain like that until Eren would be sad again. He didn't want to see him all depressed and gloomy, and he was not looking forward to it at all. It'd make him feel hurt  if Eren were to suffer such unwanted emotions.