8

Izuna's POV

For the rest of the day, I sulked at the infirmary. I didn't even care that I was missing all my other classes, and meetings with the club advisors for the ones I wanted to join. All I could think about was the eyes-are-purple situation.

When school was over, I walked out of the building, without even saying goodbye to anyone.

Shark approached me, outside, and asked about my eyes being purple, once again.

I stared at the ground and angrily told him, "You were seeing things. My eyes are green, how can they turn purple? You were hallucinating."

I jumped onto my hoverboard, just in time to hear Cotton Candy Megan calling for Shark.

Yup, Cotton Candy Megan is officially her name, courtesy of her hair color.

I pointed at my tongue, and gagged. How does Shark even stand her?

I sped off, as a guilty feeling started to grow, inside me. I just couldn't tell him.

"This is for your sake, Izuna. So don't tell Mom, Dad, Kohaku, not even your closest friends. This must be kept a secret. You don't know who's who here. At times, you just don't know who to trust, but I will stay at your side," Saira instructed, on that day, a few months ago.

It's all because of her. Saira. How could I have cared for her, back then?

I reached the block, so I got down from my board and started to walk. Once I got home, I rushed upstairs to change out of my uniform. I promised Mom to meet her at her new job, so I could help out.

She was working at a video game store, called Virtual Reality Gaming, or just VR Gaming. We had one near where we used to live. Kohaku and I always went there when we had the time.

Mom said that Mr. Devin and his son, Kyle, were the only other people who work there so I volunteered, "Mom, what if I help out?" And I'm helping them, starting today.

This time, I'm taking my motorbike. The keys were right on the counter, so I grabbed them and headed into the garage. Opening the doors, I placed the keys into the slot then started the motor. I zoomed off, heading towards the city mall, going at full speed.

Everything was a blur, but I knew where I was going. Thanks to Kohaku, my most loyal and most trusting brother. He would never sell me out.

... Well, at least I hope he wouldn't.

I saw a traffic light up ahead so I presses down on the breaks. As I got closer, I noticed a kid with spiky hair, waiting to cross the streets.

It was Yuma!

I pushed on the brakes harder, as I blushed, madly. Usually, I don't let anyone see me, riding on my motorbike since it's more proof that I'm a tomboy. So I reached for my helmet and stuck it on.

When I finally got to the traffic light, Yuma and Tori, who was with him, didn't seem to recognize me. Once they crossed the streets, I went on.

Soon, I was almost at the mall, so I started to pick up speed. There was another motorcycle in front of me, but I just zoomed right past him. Not my fault this person was riding at snail's pace.

"Hey, watch it!" the rider yelled.

I waved my hand at him, "Sorry, my bad!"

The mall was only a few feet away, so I pressed down on the breaks, again. I slowed the pace, then went to find a parking spot. Then, I took off my helmet, and walked into the mall.

The place was really huge! I have no idea how I'll find the video game store...

I walked to the right and looked for a sign that said VR Gaming. There wasn't any here, plus I reached a dead end. Making a turn, I headed to the left, and went up an escalator. No sign of it. I went back down and started my search all over again. In the end, I found it, right in the left section, downstairs, far off.

I entered through the doors, panting for breath. Who knew that it would take so much effort to find one store in a mall?!

Mom came up to me. "Izuna, what took you so long?" she asked.

"I went all over the place, trying to find this place, "I let out a sigh, finally catching my breath.

Mom blinked a few times as guilt found its way to her face. "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you where to go," she realized.

Yeah, I noticed.

"So this is your daughter?" I heard a man say.

I looked behind Mom and saw a man with indigo hair and dark blue eyes walk over to us. This must be Mr. Devin. "It's nice to meet you, Izuna. I bet you and my son, Kyle will get along really well," he leaned over and whispered, "Between you and me, he's very awkward when it comes to girls."

Okay, then.

"So you told your mom that you wouldn't mind helping us out here?"

I nodded.

"Well that's great! You can start by putting some of the new shipment on the shelves and displays! The box is behind the counter," Mr. Devin explained.

I did exactly as I was told to do. I went to get the box, and started to put the cases on some empty shelves. I finished, already, two sections, then began to walk toward the next aisle.

"WHAT?! This is not right!" someone yelled.

I almost dropped the box, but I managed to keep hold of it. I put it down, then went to find the screaming kid. I saw Mr. Devin talking to a boy with indigo hair.

"But it's so much easier when in alphabetical order! Who did this?!" he demanded.

"I did," I said, walking up behind him.

The kid turned around and looked like he was about to yell at me, but stopped and stared. His dark blue eyes caught mine, yet he still remained speechless. All he did was stare.