14

Kyle's POV

I wonder if Izuna's impressed that I'm about to land damage on her. At first, I was really nervous about this that I forgot to lay a face down. But right now, this might be my moment to catch her attention.

"Thunder Beast's effect activates!"

What? I looked back at Izuna, then at our monsters. Huh?! Super Sonic isn't attacking!

"I detached an OLU earlier, and activated Thunder Beast's effect. All attacks from machine-type monsters are now useless!" Izuna said.

This is bad. My entire deck is made out of machine monsters, which means I'm doomed!

"Make your next move," Izuna told me.

I had no idea what to do. "I end my turn."

"Okay, then I draw. I summon out the Mischievous Devil (Lev 4,500 Atk,1500 Def). By sending Mischievous Devil to the Graveyard, I can special summon two monsters from my deck. I choose Celestial Luna Poison Mistress (Lev 8,2500 Atk,100 Def) and Celestial Solar Potion Mistress (Lev 5,2000 Atk, 600 Def).

Is she summoning another XYZ monster?

"Then I'll end my turn."

I'm saved! "I draw!"

The card I drew... That's what I needed!

"I'm going to place a monster in defense mode, then place a card facedown. Turn over," I said.

"I draw! I summon Celestial Solar Dragon Rider (Lev 3,1800 Atk,1500 Def). Her effect is just like C.L. Dragon Rider, so I special summon out C.S. Dragon (Lev 3,1500 Atk,1800 Def). Now, I overlay Lev 3, Celestial Solar Dragon and Celestial Solar Dragon Rider to XYZ summon Breeze of Autumn (Lev 3,1300 Atk,1300 Def)"

Now! "I activate my defense monster's flip effect! When you Xyz summon a monster,I get to take control of it and you take one of my def monster. So Autumn is mine and you take my def mons. HiTech Pixelated (Lev 1,300 Atk,300 Def)" I yelled.

Nothing happened...

I waited a few more seconds.

Still nothing.

"Oh, I probably should've mentioned this earlier. Remember how I switched C.L. monsters for C.S. mons.? They're in the GY. now. And, C.L. Dragon's effect was that if my opp. activates a mons. effect I can choose to stop it from happening. This effect keeps going on it won't stop."

What? Then that means I'm trapped! I can't declare attacks because machine type mons. are useless, thanks to Lightning. And I can't use effects as long as C.L. Dragon is in Izuna's GY.

Izuna yawned, "No offence, Kyle, but you're starting to bore me. I activate Breeze of Autumn's special ability. By using an OLU, I can target one of my monsters and increase their ATK by multiplying it by their Lev. I choose Thunder Beast. Now it's ATK points are...um...18000 Atk."

That's crazy!

"Attack, Thunder Beast! Attack HiTech Super Sonic with Thunderous Roar!"

Super Sonic was gone. And so were my life points.

Izuna came over to me and helped me up. She looked at the cards in my hand then pulled out Monster Reborn.

"Why didn't you use this? I said effects from you won't work on me but I never said Spells and Traps. You could've used this to bring back... never mind." Izuna also grabbed the card I placed facedown. It was the Trap, Rewired. "When you Special Summoned a mons., take control of one of your opp.'s mons.' Kyle, you could've used this if only you activated Monster Reborn."

Izuna gave the card back, then smiled, "Oh well. This was much more fun than the duel I had with Shark! You're pretty good."

She complimented me! No way, what?

"Can we do this some other time?" I stammered.

"I don't mind. But not today, I'm done for the day. How about some food?"

We went to the kitchen and ate snacks. Izuna was gobbling it all down.

I never knew that she acts just like...a boy. But I still can't help liking her. Izuna went to get another bag of chips, then cringed.

I went over to her. "Are you okay?"

I said this earlier, didn't I? Izuna looked up, and I could've sworn I saw a flash of violet twinkle within her green eyes.

She looked at me, confused, then snapped back. "Oh, I'm fine. It was my ankle! I pulled a muscle, that's all."

Izuna went to get the other bag of chips. I lost count of how many bags she had. "Izuna, you really are a tomboy..."

Izuna stared at me, then grinned, "Dank koo. I geh tha aloth."

A few second later, my mind exploded.

I said that aloud! I insulted her out loud. At least she isn't mad...

"Kyle?"

I looked back at Izuna. She tossed me an Xyz card. It was Lightning the Thunder Beast. "You're one of my closest friends here. Consider yourself lucky, Kyle. This is something that you'll want to remember."

I guess I never understood what she meant by that until much later on.