{9}

"And you have to go out with me. Or our little deal, is going down the toilet." Dan stepped down from the conversation to draw open Charlie's curtains, and standing under the artificial amber light of the streetlights, stood Will, hands in his pockets, trying to retain the amount of heat left he had on this chilly night.

"Well, its either money or love. And if you tell anyone, I will hunt Will down and beat the living soul of of him." Dan snickered. Charlie's hands balled into fists, quickly turning white. A wave of anger washed over her. Then she relaxed, took a loud, slightly annoyed sigh and unclenched her fists. Well, i really need this, or I'll be the laughing stock of the whole world! But i also need Will... Charlie thought to herself. "Fine, I'll do it, you cheep scumbag." "Lets shake on it then." Dan and Charlie shook hands and Charlie managed to get the twisted fool out of her house. She climbed back into bed but she couldn't sleep. She couldn't stop thinking about the consequences of her latest actions. She lay there for hours just thinking, until she finally gave into the power of sleep.

* * *

The next morning, it was Wednesday and Charlie regretted everything she had done the night before. She slammed her hands on her bedside table in frustration. How could she just give up on Will? She wiped the tears from her eyes and checked her phone.

There was a message from Will.

Check your doorstep, there's a surprise for you ;)

Charlie remembered when he was outside her house last night and raced to her front door. She swung open her door and on the dirty "welcome" mat, was a small white box wrapped in red ribbon. On the front was a small card that read,

"Here's to my special gamer girl, good luck this weekend xxx ~Will."

The girl felt slightly guilty as she picked up the box and carried it back into her room.

Charlie carefully untied the ribbon and opened the box to find a gold chained necklace with a golden Xbox game controller encrusted with different coloured crystals for the buttons. Charlie gasped at its beauty.

"Whatchya got there?" Charlie's brother came screaming down the hallway. "Nothing you need to know about twerp" she stood staring at the necklace, a smiles stuck on her face.

She strolled back into her room and put on the necklace, the cold metal on her neck triggered a shiver down her spine.

Charlie strolled into school that day looking very chuffed with her recent gift. She walked straight up to the boy who gave her said gift and smiled like an idiot. Little did she know, Dan was lurking near by.

"Woah! cool necklace! Who'd ya get it from?" Will smirked happily. Charlie ran her finger around the pendant and half smiled. Will drew closer to Charlie for a hug. She was about to accept when she spotted Dan glaring at her from a distance, angrily fanning himself with a fat wad of money. Charlie knew what she had to do so she unwillingly jerked away from Will's embrace. "Hey, are you ok?" Will's voice travelled to Charlie's ears. "Oh yeah yeah, I'm alright." She whispered. "Ok, well I'll see you later k?" Will's voice suddenly drowned out in the force off the bells ring. Charlie head off to her first class, with Dan. She hoped it wouldn't be as bad as she had imagined. Oh was she wrong.