Chapter 64 ❥ Small world

-Alyssa-

   "Made up your mind about what?" Harry asked.

I froze in my spot and didn't know what to say. My mouth parted slightly to say something but nothing came out. He looked at me for a second, back at the road, back at me, back at the road. "I-I made up my mind about..." I pondered whether I should tell him I want to be his, but what was holding me back?!

"I made up my mind that I don't want a red dress for the New Years party." I managed to say. He nodded, quite oblivious to my acting which I found to be perfect.

"What colour would you like then?"

"Aqua?"

"You mean the colour on your nails?" He pointed to my index and thumb.

"Yeah." I nodded subconsciously.

"That's cool." He nodded with a smile. I didn't fail to catch the confusion glistening in his green, marble-like eyes. I was never really opened about fashion with Harry. I can't believe I just chickened out on such an honorable experience. In that moment, I could've been officially be Harry Styles' girlfriend.

But I chickened out.

• • •

   "Awful." I grimaced. "Nah, too bright." My tongue stuck to the roof of my tongue as I skimmed down the aisles. "That's ugly, Harry." I skipped into another aisle. "The hell? Does this even count as a dress?"

"Guess not." He shrugged.

"Okay, so this place sells long gowns- I don't like long gowns. They're annoying. This place likes bright or delicate- not what I'm looking for. Nothing is all that decent and now they want to sell skanky dresses?"

"This one isn't bad." Harry poked his bottom lip out and held up a vibrant orange low-cut top that'll stick to my every ounce.

"This is serious." I tried to hide the smile growing on my face.

"Right, we'll go to another place then. I saw another one round the food court."

"Do you hear yourself? No place selling clothing around the food court where there're food isn't good. They probably are, just the cheapest material that's really expensive."

"Why does that sound true to me?" He asked.

"Because you're a celebrity?" I shrugged. We walked hand-in-hand bypassing the windows to look at the mannequins. All the while, Harry and I made the mistake to turn the corner of a section all teenagers were occupied and ended up getting mobbed.

I snuck into a restroom while Harry was signing and taking as many pictures as he can. I almost felt bad for leaving him to fly solo but seeing him smile through the pictures made it easier for me to think he was enjoying himself.

I didn't think I'd want to use the restroom but I ended up doing so. Thank the heavens I 'changed' before leaving the house because there was no need for it at the time. I washed my hands and pulled my eyeliner stick out of my bra to redo my makeup.

Once I made sure it was safe to leave, I hid my face from the incoming paparazzi and nearly had an anxiety attack when I couldn't find Harry.

"Alyssa!" My name could be heard by Harry's fans throughout the mall. I was beginning to lose space and oxygen.

"Harry?" I called out through the crowd but I was busy getting mobbed myself. I had the slightest bit feeling of claustrophobia and I didn't realize it when I was panting erratically.